• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conflicting reply to my cca request Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting reply to my cca request Lowell

HI All
    I have a debt with shop direct litwoods.
    I have been paying a token payment for the last 2 year directly to litwoods ilness support team.
    But having received letters every month from NDR teling me I had either paid insuficient payment or late payment I was charged £12 a month.
    I therefore stopped paying the token payment and told shop direct to take me to court.
    As at least then There would not be any further charges.
    However they just kept charging the £12 untill finally assigned the debt to lowell.
    I then asked lowell for a statement of all charges and expected lowell to deduct these charges.
    But lowell just ignored this I therefore asked for a copy of my signed credit agreement.
    But did not send £1 I just asked for it.
    I received the letter below on the 27th july.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET1.jpg
    Then to my suprise I received a letter from lowell the next day 28th july as below.
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET2.jpg
    This along with the following application forms.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET3.jpg
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET4.jpg
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET5.jpg
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET6.jpg
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/microbar123/LET7.jpg
    My question is do I need to send another cca request off with £1 this time
    As I did not request a application form but the true signed copy of the cca which obviously they do not have as letter 1 says so.
    Also should I ask for confirmation as to whether they have an actual Agreement or not under CPUTR 2008. Thanks for your help.
    Tags: None

Re: Conflicting reply to my cca request Lowell

Personally I would send Lowell a DSAR to find out what they have got on you

When was this account opened?? was it pre 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
      Personally I would send Lowell a DSAR to find out what they have got on you

When was this account opened?? was it pre 2007
      Yes 2006 sorry but whats a DSAR
      Would it be prudent to ask them whether they have an actual Agreement or not under CPUTR 2008,
      Would be gratefull for a suitable reply
      Thankyou.

Comment

TBH, don't muck around any further with Lowells.

Have they sent anything else after this as it appears they are extremely confused.
        In let1 they say they are closing, yet in let2 they say it's open. I'd be inclined to wait and see what they ahve to say next, if anything.

Should they respond then, Inform them of the prior dispute with Shop Direct over this matter and that you are disgusted that they have shirked their responsibilities in this manner.

This should get it passed back and then you can deal with SD from there on.

You are right to ignore NDR as they are simply SD'd own in house DCA, and ineffectual at that..

Comment

Ignore these clowns - they wont actually do anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

Have they sent anything else after this as it appears they are extremely confused.
            In let1 they say they are closing, yet in let2 they say it's open. I'd be inclined to wait and see what they ahve to say next, if anything.

Should they respond then, Inform them of the prior dispute with Shop Direct over this matter and that you are disgusted that they have shirked their responsibilities in this manner.

You are right to ignore NDR as they are simply SD'd own in house DCA, and ineffectual at that..
            No this is all I have received let 1 closing let 2 open and the recon,
            I was going to ask for confirmation as to whether they have an actual Agreement or not under CPUTR 2008 thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi there waiting on something similar from Lowells myself at present
              But if its any consolation CAPITAL 1 sent a recon last year and I have not heard anything since
              I have not paid them either they kept returning my payment and have as yet not issued court proceedings which I did expect them to but maybe that recon is as dodgy as they are
              So are Lowells and Shop Direct who I think dont understand the point of a recon
              But thanks to everyone here we are all learning

Comment

Good advice,as always. Anyway, if they closed the account on 27th, how could it be open on the 28th? See dates on letters!
                Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Oh I also should mention thanks to others on here and other sites I have researched Lowells only seem to take on debts with problems ie no agreements dodgy DNs and statue barred debts so that tells something

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                    Good advice,as always. Anyway, if they closed the account on 27th, how could it be open on the 28th? See dates on letters!
                    Yes thats what gets me the dates 27th closed 28th open
                    just makes a mockery of the debt collection practice.
                    Even in let 1 it says the length of time this account has been open.
                    Makes it impossible to come up with a signed cca.

Comment

Yes 2006 sorry but whats a DSAR
                      Data Subject Access Request (also requires the statuary £10 fee which is the law)
                      they are supposed to provide you with a copy of every scrap of info that they have hold about you when you send this to them ( I doubt that they will but that bridge can be crossed later)
                      Sorry but I completly disagree here because in post 1
                      However they just kept charging the £12 untill finally assigned the debt to lowell.
                      If this is right then lowell has total rights over the debt and are the only ones that should have any info of this account as all info has to be/supposed to be, passed from original creditor to the new owner of the account, Default notices, Assignment notices defaults, Credit Agreements etc.

How do you know that the debt was assigned to lowell?? did Shop Direct or lowell inform you of this assignment???

Yes Lowell are a shower of muppets and could but pulling a fast one and trying to chase a debt that does not belong to them, but I suspect that they do now own the accout and I think that they have taken it over around the time of the bungle up of letters you have recieved. LOL The more they send you like this the better for you as it would just show a court who disorganised they are.

There are only 2 sure fire ways (apart from a CPR but they not threatened court action yet as far as I'm aware so far) to find out, what they have, and who owns the account now, DSAR lowell and see what comes back, and also check your reports with all 3 of the credit reference agencies.

If the account was opened in 2006, when did this happen??
                      I therefore stopped paying the token payment and told shop direct to take me to court.
                      could you give us a time scale of what has happened since you opened the account

ie.
                      acoount opened 2006
                      stopped paying when??
                      did you recieve a default notice, if so when and who from??
                      did you recieve a assignment notice, if so when and who from??

Comment

Gorang, just out of interest when was the last time you sent a SAR to a DCA and what was the result ?

There's a number of facts you have touch upon here, but you have missed the most important one of all, concerning the actual "agreement from SD..

Comment

There's a number of facts you have touch upon here, but you have missed the most important one of all, concerning the actual "agreement from SD..
                          Appologies to all if I have missed somthing here, please lilaberate

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
                            Data Subject Access Request (also requires the statuary £10 fee which is the law)
                            they are supposed to provide you with a copy of every scrap of info that they have hold about you when you send this to them ( I doubt that they will but that bridge can be crossed later)
                            Sorry but I completly disagree here because in post 1
                            If this is right then lowell has total rights over the debt and are the only ones that should have any info of this account as all info has to be/supposed to be, passed from original creditor to the new owner of the account, Default notices, Assignment notices defaults, Credit Agreements etc.

How do you know that the debt was assigned to lowell?? did Shop Direct or lowell inform you of this assignment???

Yes Lowell are a shower of muppets and could but pulling a fast one and trying to chase a debt that does not belong to them, but I suspect that they do now own the accout and I think that they have taken it over around the time of the bungle up of letters you have recieved. LOL The more they send you like this the better for you as it would just show a court who disorganised they are.

There are only 2 sure fire ways (apart from a CPR but they not threatened court action yet as far as I'm aware so far) to find out, what they have, and who owns the account now, DSAR lowell and see what comes back, and also check your reports with all 3 of the credit reference agencies.

If the account was opened in 2006, when did this happen??

could you give us a time scale of what has happened since you opened the account

ie.
                            acoount opened 2006
                            stopped paying when??
                            did you recieve a default notice, if so when and who from??

acoount opened 2006
                            stopped paying when 2009 when i stopped work disabled now
                            did you recieve a default notice, if so when and who from?? default notice from NDR

ASSIGN NOTICE Received March 2011
                            [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Asked lowel for run down of charges[/FONT]
                            No luck with list of charges.

So on 27th may asked for cca did not send £1

received LET 1 27th jULY received LET 2 28th july.

Thanks again for all yoyr help.

Comment

ASSIGN NOTICE Received March 2011
                              I presume this was from lowell was it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X