• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Just a query really regarding mis-sold ppi that i'm trying to claim on my barclaycard and have been trying to get back for a while.

Basically I fell into some financial difficulty a few years ago and have not been in a position to pay my barclaycard - debt has recently been sold off to Lowell Financial.

A few months ago i had a letter from barclaycard saying they would have a decision about my ppi claim no later than 31st August.

So i'm now wondering if debt has been passed on, if they do refund any ppi then will it go to me or would they still pay it off the debt i owed them??? (i heard they usually pay off the debt if any outstanding but seeing as my account sold, just wondered if anyone knows how it works in this scenario????)

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

Originally posted by wyllden View Post
    Just a query really regarding mis-sold ppi that i'm trying to claim on my barclaycard and have been trying to get back for a while.

Basically I fell into some financial difficulty a few years ago and have not been in a position to pay my barclaycard - debt has recently been sold off to Lowell Financial.

A few months ago i had a letter from barclaycard saying they would have a decision about my ppi claim no later than 31st August.

So i'm now wondering if debt has been passed on, if they do refund any ppi then will it go to me or would they still pay it off the debt i owed them??? (i heard they usually pay off the debt if any outstanding but seeing as my account sold, just wondered if anyone knows how it works in this scenario????)

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Hi there

From what I understand, if there is debt outstanding then the refund may be used towards the arrears, anything remaining plus interest I understand is awarded directly to you, but it may vary from one bank to the other.

Good luck on this.

Comment

Re: Barclaycard ppi reclaim - will refund to me if debt sold to lowell financial??

to confirm Barclaycard will offset against the outstanding balance. sorry.

Comment

ok, as i had thought originallybefore they sold the debt, but how does this work if they have already sold the debt on to Lowell financial?

Surely as far as barclaycard are concerned there is no debt to them anymore as they have sold it on and written off the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by wyllden View Post
          ok, as i had thought originallybefore they sold the debt, but how does this work if they have already sold the debt on to Lowell financial?

Surely as far as barclaycard are concerned there is no debt to them anymore as they have sold it on and written off the rest?

Hi

To what I know of then is that Lowell Financial will have taken over all liabilities of the account, so even though you still pursue the Barclays for the reclaim, all details will be sent to Lowells if successful.

One of my hubby's via Lloyds was sent to Apex Credit Management, they had taken over with all liabilities, when it came to making a reclaim on the credit card ppi, the refund was awarded to the account, and my hubby received a cheque payment of the interest.
          Saying that my hubby had none written off, they just stopped the charges/frozen the interest, this then maybe different in your case.

Comment

Thanks,
            I have since read on one of the other forums that if the debt has been sold to a third party then it is fraud for them to pass my refund onto that third party as I would no longer ow the card issuer, therefore any ppi refund should come to me. (of course they won't do this automatically - I would have to write a letter stating Fraud act 2006 etc etc)

Has this worked for anyone else in similar situation?

Comment

That intersting
              iv just found out that my barclay card ppi and unfair credit card charges refund have been passed on to a dca, When i contacted barclaycartd asking why i hadn't received my refund, they replied we have no records of your account it was sold to cabot some time ago. i think i might try the fraud act of 2006 to get my mony back, after all it was barclays who applied the chages and sold me the ppi.
              let me now how you get on please
              gillwall :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
                That intersting
                iv just found out that my barclay card ppi and unfair credit card charges refund have been passed on to a dca, When i contacted barclaycartd asking why i hadn't received my refund, they replied we have no records of your account it was sold to cabot some time ago. i think i might try the fraud act of 2006 to get my mony back, after all it was barclays who applied the chages and sold me the ppi.
                let me now how you get on please
                gillwall :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Good luck gillwall, go and get em hon.

Comment

Letter drafted. goin to get em

Comment

just heard the other day that i'm due approx £3100 ppi refund, they wrote and asked if i want it transferred to bank or a cheque.....
                    ....just waiting on the cheque now and praying they don't send a further letter saying it has to go onto my account....
                    ...will let you know how it goes......
                    ...be interested to know how you get on aswell Gill

Comment

Sorry I have not posted earlier.
                      That is fab, are you happy with that?

Congratulations!

Comment

Super news Wyllden Well done!
                        I have sent Barclaycard the letter stating they have no right in forwarding my ppi which is £2600 aprox to cabot without my permission, as cabot purchased the account in 2007.
                        Had a return letter from barclaycard saying sorry to here about your complaint etc, and enlosed the questioner for me to fill in the same one i filled in when complaining and won the refund pp. I dont thing my letter has been read properly. Should i write back to barclaycard again ?
                        What would you suggest ?
                        thankyou
                        gillwall

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
                          Super news Wyllden Well done!
                          I have sent Barclaycard the letter stating they have no right in forwarding my ppi which is £2600 aprox to cabot without my permission, as cabot purchased the account in 2007.
                          Had a return letter from barclaycard saying sorry to here about your complaint etc, and enlosed the questioner for me to fill in the same one i filled in when complaining and won the refund pp. I dont thing my letter has been read properly. Should i write back to barclaycard again ?
                          What would you suggest ?
                          thankyou
                          gillwall

Hi Gill
                          I think this have happened to others as well, and its the same questionnaire isn't it?
                          I would let them know you have already completed one and you will appreciate they go by the date they received it previously.
                          (If you kept a copy, then you could send them one) if you want to.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Thank you thats good advice Di, think i will send another copy of the original letter (dated) and a cover leter etc.
                            thank you
                            gillwall :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

....still waiting on this cheque....

...I think with regards to your letter they were just stalling - or atleast treating it as a complaint but as Di said make it clear you wrote previously and they should comply with complaint resolution timescales (starting from the date of your initial letter) or you will go to the ombudsman.

I think from the info i read about this scenario - in your letter you should state Fraud Act 2006. As the credit card provider sold the debt to a third party, they have no right to pass the refund they ow you for the ppi onto the third party - the ppi refund is due to you.

Let us know the response from the letter ....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X