• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£188 charges refunded today in a phone call...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £188 charges refunded today in a phone call...

To cut a long story short - had a £100 overdraft on Current account, Halifax slapped on £188 of charges to make £288 overdrawn - could not fund the account due to unemployment - haven't used the account for 2 years and bank elsewhere now - account has been passed around numerous DCA's since then who have got nowhere.
    Today i speak to Halifax - woman phones me up & i come to an agreement that if they refund the charges then i will address the matter of repaying the £100 overdraft separately - woman agrees and will send me official confirmation of whats been arranged in writing.
    Just goes to show that if you dig your heels in with this rotten banking system its amazing what can happen
    Tags: None

Re: £188 charges refunded today in a phone call...

nice :tongue2:
    Bought some tablets today to build my strength up .. cant get the bloody lid off.

Comment

.....and just to really push my luck with them - once i have this confirmed - i am going to obtain my credit report and see if the amount of £288 is on there or not - if it is then i am going to attempt compensation off them for recording incorrect information and liabiling my good name - so if successful on that score it will effectively be them paying off the £100 and me making a profit on top (depending on how much it is of course) :tung:

Comment

Good result Mr Ton. Be careful about the next step as the call may well have been recorded. Did you ask for any adverse personal data to be removed, if not and you agreed to just a refund of the £188 fees, you may find that a verbal contract was established.

I'm not sure, I just don't want you getting caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
          .....and just to really push my luck with them - once i have this confirmed - i am going to obtain my credit report and see if the amount of £288 is on there or not - if it is then i am going to attempt compensation off them for recording incorrect information and liabiling my good name - so if successful on that score it will effectively be them paying off the £100 and me making a profit on top (depending on how much it is of course) :tung:
          I suspect you won't get far cos the £288.00 amount would be correct information if it is placed on the credit report prior to the date of the phone call. Furthermore, you've just made an "arrangement to pay". If you attempt compensation I suspect you'll get not much
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Just to be straight - i am not saying i will deffo be successful in attempting that, just that i will push my luck with them in trying so.
            I will have a letter from Halifax sent to me to confirm the refund etc...it is then i will obtain the credit report and see whats on there & try for compo - i realize it may be a long shot but worth a go lol

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
              Just to be straight - i am not saying i will deffo be successful in attempting that, just that i will push my luck with them in trying so.
              I will have a letter from Halifax sent to me to confirm the refund etc...it is then i will obtain the credit report and see whats on there & try for compo - i realize it may be a long shot but worth a go lol
              It will keep them busy, lol!!!
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X