• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Calamity Jane v Nationwide Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calamity Jane v Nationwide Credit Card

Nationwide obtained a charge on our property in November for this as they were not prepared to accept reduced monthly payments . At the time I was unaware of claiming back charges so I didn't dispute the amount of claim. Does this make a difference or can I still claim them back anyway

Re: Calamity Jane v Nationwide Credit Card

Hi Jane and welcome

Makes no difference to claiming back charges, you can still go ahead, its a pity you didn't find us sooner as you could have defended your claim and possibly made a complaint to the FOS regarding Nationwide's refusal to renegotiate this debt, still a claim now may significantly reduce the balance outstanding on the card.

Do you have details of your charges, there are some links at the bottom of this post to help you find your way round and letters in the template library to help with your claim.

If you're stuck, just yell

Jan xx

Comment

Hiya CJ

Could you please let us know how far advanced you are with your charges claim please.

:roll:

Comment

Haven't done anything with this yet until know what's happening about the re-possession. Nationwide are in the process of applying for the enforcement order so I'm waiting until I know where we'll be living. We have had a relative offer to buy the bungalow and rent back to us just waiting to hear how much for.

Comment

Hey Jane,

Good luck with your claim, if you need any help, advice or a chat just give us a nudge. I have made a few claims against different cards and quite a few against the banks. keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes,
          Hod..Liam..
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
            Haven't done anything with this yet until know what's happening about the re-possession. Nationwide are in the process of applying for the enforcement order so I'm waiting until I know where we'll be living. We have had a relative offer to buy the bungalow and rent back to us just waiting to hear how much for.
            You can still go ahead with the claim, it may even help you with your repossession case.

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
              Have you been to court about this repossession?

Comment

Re-possession hearing was on 9th October and possession was granted on 6th November. Nationwide wrote to us on 14th November giving us until today to pay off the arrears or they would hand over to their legal department who would apply for an enforcement order.

Comment

Did you go to the hearing on 9th October? Did you offer to pay anything towards the arrears?

Comment

I went o/h wasn't well enough to. The situation we're in at the moment I wasn't able to make any offer of payment.

Comment

So you have arrears on your credit card, they got a charging order on your property and have now been granted repossession? Is this right?

How much are the arrears?

Comment

Arrears on mortgage approx £3000 credit card the same the same but with about £250 unlawful charges

Comment

Is your mortgage with Nationwide too? Are they combining the claim - 6k?

Comment

They're both with Nationwide. We also have an outstanding overdraft with them for £2000 including charges which they took us to court for but when we disputed due to unlawful charges they requested a stay.

Comment

If I remember correctly, you also had visits from collectors at night time, increased your overdraft from £280 to £1600 within a 12 month period, even though you were on benefits and no real means of paying it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X