• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sleeping in my caravan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleeping in my caravan

we have a caravan on the front of our property . it has power but no water or gas . my son sleeps there . As the caraven is entirley on our property and we do not charge him rent is it any concern of the local council that he does this .
    Tags: None

Re: sleeping in my caravan

Hi. I would imagine if it were to upset the neighbours for whatever reason the council may get involved.

Comment

Are you wondering whether you have to declare him for Council Tax purposes? If so, the answer is yes, you do have to declare him for Council Tax if he is eligible to pay it and not exempt under a different category.
      Last edited by Caspar; 27th July 2011, 18:38:PM.

Comment

no it's not that, he wants to move out but not move way the caravan gives him a space of his own ,

Comment

In which case, as long as your neighbours are happy, you should be OK.

Comment

Also would be advisable to check your house deeds sometimes they have a clause about caravans.
            Enaid x

Comment

no clauses about caravans , no livesock allowed particularly , cattle horses sheep pigs ang goats. The neighbours are just trouble makers. If i leave the dogs for 1 hour they complain to the council. if my tenants arrive after twelve midnight the complain. I've had every jobsworth in the council round in the last two months .
              Last edited by seduraed; 27th July 2011, 22:25:PM.

Comment

A holiday caravan kept on a property where council tax is paid is exempt. I wouldn't worry about your son sleeping in the caravan.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I was given a very good legal reference recently look at this and see what you think http://mattwpbs.com/2009/08/10/i-ref...pressdram-1971
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    A holiday caravan kept on a property where council tax is paid is exempt. I wouldn't worry about your son sleeping in the caravan.
                    I agree. The point I was making eaarly in the thread was if the son was living in it (so it is not a holiday caravan anymore) then he would be liable for CT. As long as he's just sleeping there and generally giving himself a bit of space, there is no need to worry.

Glad I haven't got your neighbours mind!

Comment

does it mae any difference that the caravan ison the front drive and not in the back garden?

Comment

None at all x :tung:
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

sory caspar i may be getting slow in my old age but if he is deemd to living in it then would our adddress be liable for a second batch of council tax.

Comment

As it has no water or gas, 'living' in it would not be practical.
                            I built a granny cottage some years ago and because it was 'umbilically' attached to the main house via water and electricity, it was exempt from council tax.

Comment

had another letter from my local jobsworth. They now want to know how many days a year the caravan is slept in. I think they may be trying to use the 28 day rule but does anyone know anything i can use to to defend. is there anything in lop1925 , i understand that as my son is in there, and caravans are set up for sleeping i'm only making beneficial se of my own property.
                              Last edited by seduraed; 22nd September 2011, 22:54:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X