• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trouble cancelling Virgin Media Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble cancelling Virgin Media Contract

Morning All,

Please could someone help me sort this out for my Niece?

2 years a go, she cancelled the Virgin Media contract for home phone and tv she had taken out at her student accomodation. The contract was due to expire, she gave the neccesary notice and has written confirmation from Virgin that it was all done and dusted.

Despite that, Virgin media continued to take 3 lots of monthly payments from her account via ddr. As soon as she realised this, she cancelled the ddr and asked numerous times for Virgin media to refund the money - yes you guessed it - no refunds were made!

She approached her bank who advised that as the payments were no due, she could claim them back via the ddr guarantee, which she did.

Since then she has been harrassed by numerous DCAs each time she explains the situation, they back off but then another DCA comes calling.

This has gone on for 2 years and she is very stressed out about it.

I have written to Virgin Media on 3 occassions recently asking them to explain what is going on but they have failed to reply on all 3 occassions.

How can I move this forward and if as I suspect, my Niece owes them nothing yet they have passed her details to numerous DCAs who have harrassed her for 2 years while she has been studying for her degree, how do I go about getting them to compensate her?

Many many thanks for your help

Regards
    Kevin
    Tags: None

Re: Trouble cancelling Virgin Media Contract

Before I suggest an approach that I know will work. Did she pay off the final bill and have confirmation that it was paid? Did the DD guarantee scheme take set amounts or was one of them reclaimed via that route the final months bill?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Alsation

Thanks for your reply.

She does not have confirmation that the final bill was paid as such. However the letter she has states that the final payment will be taken in oct (2009) which she paid but they continued to take monthly payments after that.

As I said, I have asked Virgin to confirm what is owing or not but they have not replied to 3 letters asking for this.

I am suspicious that they have realised their error and are ignoring us in the hope that we will just go away.

Thanks

Comment

Were the monthly payments afterwards for the same amount?

Comment

Yes they were.

Comment

Ok, you need to scan on confirmation that the bill was cancelled, the date and amount of the last payment, the address where the bill was sent to and her details.
            Email the CEO of the company and state all the details and state that the account keeps being sent to a debt collection agent and you keep having to show them proof that there is no debt.
            Tell them that you assume it is an error at their end but if not then please can they confirm in writing to your niece at her address.

CEO email addy is this: neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

What should happen is their executive team will look into this and hopefully resolve this or explain why it did not happen.
            Tell us how you get on...

Comment

Thanks, I'll give a go and let you know how I get on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X