• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wills

Can any one give me advice on wills please, its just that my other half has been talking about them at work, and he has been told that even if you go to a solicitor, if you get one of the cheaper ones, then they can be overturned on the flimsiest of reasons.

He wants to get one drawn up, and wants to make sure that it cannot be broken by a particular person, and also doesn't have much in the way of pennies at the moment, its more to protect his house.

Many thanks

Re: Wills

Hi Delta

I wouldn't agree that a well drawn will can be overturned easily.

Does he have good reason to suspect his will would be queried?

As long as the will is signed and witnessed correctly it should be binding, yes, I would recommend using a solicitor especially for property matters, it should cost no more than £160 to do properly.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi thanks for that.

It's not so much a good reason, he's more worried about the fact that should anything happen to him at the moment, then his estranged father could reappear on the scene, and if anything happens to his mum at the same time, then his 'father' could claim his house and possessions and stuff as he technically is the next of kin.

He was also told by a workmate that if he had one of these cheaper wills then it could be easilly broken by said 'father'. He just wants to make sure that the guy cannot and will not claim anything from the estate.

I shall pass on the info to him, thanks muchly.

Comment

Another way of getting a cracking will done is to wait till its Will aid month, and you can get a cast solid will done for making a donation to a particular solicitors chosen charity. Not sure when its will aid month this year, but I will check and find out, aha, just checked, its november. You can prepare you will at various appointments with the solicitor throughout the year but if ask participating solicitors to wait till the month of November to draw it up for you, then you get a will for about half the cost. The only commitment is that the solicitor asks you to make a donation to their chosen participating charities, all third world charities, Save the children, etc. etc. and you make a donation to their website, show solicitor the receipt and they are happy to do your will then for free, but only during the month of December. Go to the will aid website, put in your postal code and then participating solicitors in your area come up, and you just state you want to make an appointment with them to draw up will as per will aid website. Job done, for about half the normal price.

Fendy xx link below.

Will Aid: make a will and help charity
        Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
        Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
        Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
        Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
        Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
        Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
        Natwest round 2
        Abbey Round 2
        Yorkshire Bank round 1
        A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

I think its the same month every year, for getting your will done for the cost of a donation to third world charity. Its usually November every year. !!!
          Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
          Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
          Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
          Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
          Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
          Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
          Natwest round 2
          Abbey Round 2
          Yorkshire Bank round 1
          A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

Perfect. I'll make this a priority. Looks like I'll be getting back on Pepsi again in the spring, so I'd better be prepared for the worst.
            My Blog
            http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X