• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DONT BnQ it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DONT BnQ it

i thought i would post this up here for both a warning to others and amusement factor.... the letter also tells the story... i have written this today...

enjoy and beware!

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I write to you with reference to the kitchen that I have ordered from you.
    The order from start to finish has been a painful, time wasting task of the highest order. Buying a new kitchen is meant to be an exciting event for someone who has never been in the position to get one before, yet ordering from you has been like pulling teeth. Ill take some time to explain to you the situation that you, through your sheer incompetence have left me in.
    I ordered the kitchen from Hassan. The expected delivery date from him was within 5 weeks. I was assured I would receive a receipt for the goods through the post within five days and following that would receive a phone call advising me when the kitchen was going to arrive. I never got a phone call from you nor have I received a receipt, so I rang to see when the kitchen would be delivered. I was told the 31st October 2007. This was not suitable as you had only given me 2 days notice and I am unable to put through holiday in that time. The delivery was rescheduled for the 7 November 2007 following a call from your call centre.
    I arrived at the property yesterday, received a phone call from your delivery personnel who left a message advising they were on route to me and would be here before 12pm. 12pm came and went, and so did 1pm, at which point I rang the driver to see where the kitchen was, the driver told me it had been sent back to stock and was unavailable and if I wanted to discuss it I would have to phone your call centre, which I did.
    I spoke with Alister in your Belfast office who originally after speaking with your depot in Branston, advised me I had it wrong and delivery wasn’t due until the following day. When I advised Alister that I had a voicemail from your driver stating they were on route, Alister made another call to the depot to be advised by someone else that in fact, the delivery was for the 7th but they had unloaded it. After a lengthy discussion with Alister, and airing my views on the way that this had been handled, I was assured by Alister that delivery would be between 4pm and 6pm without fail. I feel it necessary at this point to make it clear to you that the house I am sitting in has no central heating, no electricity as the house has been rewired and no way of making a hot drink or getting any food.
    So, 5pm comes, no sign of delivery, I call again to your Belfast call centre, to speak with a woman who called the depot and then came back to me and assured me that the van was on route. 6pm comes so I again call your call centre to be advised, they have checked and I am definitely getting the delivery that evening. After having to get my 70 year old father to bring me some food to the property and some form of lighting, I get a phone call at 7.10 from Herbie advising that the wagon my order is on is stuck in Peterborough. Why on earth my order was in Peterborough after being told it was in Derby I do not know, I have put this down to your lack of organisation or sheer stupidity as a company to organise their staff effectively, not to digress, I was assured, after another lengthy conversation with Herbie that delivery would now be at 7.30am today. I got to the very cold and dark property at 6.45am, so as not miss your drivers (I wouldn’t want to waste your valuable time now would I?) for a driver to turn up at 7.45am, herbie was made well aware of the time I had to be in work for and yet you still could not get this right.
    I had two very pleasant (albeit the only decent thing about this tale so far) delivery drivers, who eventually told me that not only was the kitchen sink missing but so are quite a number of other items, but not to worry as the sink is the last thing to go in. Is this not an integral part of a kitchen?
    I got a call from your Branston call centre to tell me that, even though I had now wasted almost a day and a half off of work, the rest of the order would not be delivered until next week!! I advised the young lady on the phone that this is not acceptable I had waited all day yesterday, almost 13 hours to be precise to be let down, there is no way I am taking delivery of the sink any later than this evening, I cannot have time off of work without proper notice, as you will understand no doubt! The unhelpful girl then hung up on me. Now I know I may have been quite angry with you as a company, but is it not her duty to reassure me that everything would be sorted out and that she would do everything in her power to get the delivery to me as soon as possible? Not to tell me that ‘obviously’ she would need to speak with another department… no IT IS NOT OBVIOUS!
    I am now sitting in a cold house, waiting for a call back from your customer relations department, that I am pretty sure will not come to fruition, left with part of a kitchen and facing a severe reprimanding from a senior manager tomorrow because I have not only had to waste my time, but also that of my work place and the team that I work on, not to mention the customers that I have promised calls to and will be left to explain to them that through your incompetence I have been unable to stick to my promises, something which I am sure now, judging by your customer service so far you would have no idea about.
    So to summarise, this kitchen, from not receiving the receipt I was promised, to delivery of a kitchen, with one of the most integral parts missing, to having to sit for 24 hours in an unlit unheated house to face possible disciplinary action at work, has been a complete and utter disaster, you have ruined what should have been an exciting time for me, and I will never shop with you again.
    I expect compensating for the time that I have had to waste writing this letter to you, for the time I have had to waste speaking with your so called customer service advisors, for the time I have had to waste waiting for a delivery that never came yesterday and for only part of the delivery to come today and I also expect compensation for the distress you have caused me because I am now facing disciplinary action at work. I think that a fair amount for the trouble that you have caused is £340, I have rounded this down as I am a reasonable person, to summarise how I get to this figure, I have broken it down for you below:

1 – Wasted leave @ £9 per hour x 15 hours = £135 (this includes time spent on the phone to you)
    2 – Time spent waiting out of work hours = £9 x 12 hours = £108 (this includes, time spent on the phone to you)
    3 – Distress caused following disciplinary proceedings at work = £100

I do not want this to be given to me in the form of vouchers as I have absolutely no intention of ever shopping in your store ever again. I am also a staff member of a consumer rights website, where this story will be exposed if this is not resolved satisfactorily. I am also considering going to the media and watchdog about this whole fiasco. A copy of this letter will also be sent to my MP.
    I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully

Loulou
    Last edited by cinders; 8th November 2007, 11:05:AM. Reason: crap grammar
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X