• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Of Scotland charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Of Scotland charges

I have had a credit card with the Bank of Scotland.
    I missed a payment, and the fees and intrest have gone up to over my £500 limit.
    They have asked me to pay a lump sum off.
    I wrote a letter explaining i couldnt afford it.
    I have been paying £10 each month, but the balance keeps going up
    Now they have sent me a letter saying a representative is coming to my house.
    Can i claim these charges back?
    Is there anything they can do to me eg debt collectors if im paying as much as i can afford?
    Thanks in advance.

Read more at: Bank Of Scotland charges - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Tags: None

Re: Bank Of Scotland charges

Have you written to them and advised that you cannot afford to pay more than £10 a month?

How much are the charges todate?

What is your account balance up to including the charges?

Credit card charges you are still able to recover and a letter should be done to them requesting these back. I will find you a link of someone that got there charges back within 9 days. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=17444 although this one was Barclaycard it is the same priciple with all credit cards.

If you were able to recover your charges would that bring you back below £500>

Would you be able to pay the missed payment of I assume £10.

Originally posted by angelsta904 View Post
    I have had a credit card with the Bank of Scotland.
    I missed a payment, and the fees and intrest have gone up to over my £500 limit.
    They have asked me to pay a lump sum off.
    I wrote a letter explaining i couldnt afford it.
    I have been paying £10 each month, but the balance keeps going up
    Now they have sent me a letter saying a representative is coming to my house.
    Can i claim these charges back?
    Is there anything they can do to me eg debt collectors if im paying as much as i can afford?
    Thanks in advance.

Read more at: Bank Of Scotland charges - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

last month a late fee was added..with £5.35 interest my charges came up to £29.29
      im not letting anyone in my house tommorrw, assuming they come after i finish work.
      Ive written a letter with an expenditure for attached.
      I will download and send the charges claim letter
      thanks so much for your help and advice

Comment

Unless you have agreed to an appointment, I don't feel that you need worry about them turning up randomly. If they do trn up without an appointment do not let them in. There are also some really good harrassment letters here on the site which if you need just shout. They cannot put undue pressure on you.

Originally posted by angelsta904 View Post
        last month a late fee was added..with £5.35 interest my charges came up to £29.29
        im not letting anyone in my house tommorrw, assuming they come after i finish work.
        Ive written a letter with an expenditure for attached.
        I will download and send the charges claim letter
        thanks so much for your help and advice

Comment

Why should the Bank of Scotland start to threaten to "send the boys round"?
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          Unless you have agreed to an appointment, I don't feel that you need worry about them turning up randomly. If they do trn up without an appointment do not let them in. There are also some really good harrassment letters here on the site which if you need just shout. They cannot put undue pressure on you.
          Nor may they lawfully charge you for a bag of cement.
          Last edited by CleverClogs; 11th July 2011, 17:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i wouldnt say their sending 'the boys' round
            the letter came in what looked like a payslip advising me that an advisor was calling to see me.

Comment

A payslip?

Could it have been a free sheet of loo paper?

Comment

Just picked up this thread.
                I had something similar from BoS a while ago - what looks like a payslip with a message inside saying a rep was going to call on a specific date. I rang them up and the visit never happened - I think it's just their way of getting you to respond.
                I also have an arrangement with BoS to pay a reduced amount each month (and reduced interest) - despite this, each statement I get has an ever increasing minimum payment on it, although I have been told (in writing) to simply ignore this. I'm not convinced that they know what they are doing.

Comment

On Saturday, out of the blue, came a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd on behalf of BoS - despite an assurance from them that all was OK, they have referred my credit card account to a debt company and I have had to come to an agreement (effectively the same one, same amount etc.) with them, including making an immediate payment to allow the agreement to start. I had been making regular payments as agreed with BoS so I really have no idea why they have done this.
                  Needless to say, I have almost finished completing the FOS complaint form.

Comment

Seems they do this all the time, done this with one of mine, despite me keeping to agreed payment and fOS upholding PPI complaint, they gve themselves thirty days to come up with a figure, but did not notify me, we are now on day 38 and still nothing from them
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X