• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form

Apologies if this is the wrong forum I have been unable to resolve a dispute with an electricity supplier where I claim there negligence has caused damage to a property. I want to sue them but my problem is that I don't have final figures for the total cost of restoring the damage & as I don't know exactly how long the extensive repairs will take, I don't know for how long I'll have to rent somewhere to live. Can anyone advise me how to complete the amounts claimed sections in the court claim form? Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim Form

Like you said, you don't know what the total cost of restoring the damage and from that how long will it take.

So first things first is get some independent assessors/professionals to look at the damage and provide a quote for time and materials.

From there you will know how long it will take and thus you can then work out how long you will need to a rent a place for.

The thing is though, if you are going to wait for the court case to get the money to repay the damage, I personally wouldn't if I can afford it and just fix it and then go to court to claim back the money it took to fix as well as accommodation expenses because you can't have a never ending expense sheet for rent.

Comment

On the other hand, if you sue them it may make them hurry up and finish the work, as this will mean they have to pay you less.

You can give a statement of your losses to the date of the claim, and state that such losses will be ongoing at a specified monthly rate until this problem is resolved. You can ask for interest on any damages awarded to you as well.

You might want to apply for an order for specific performance from the court thaat they finish the work in a reasonable time, if you feel they are being excessively dilatory without reasonable excuse.

Comment

Could you claim through your household insurance, or the legal cover on your household insurance, and let them handle it for you?
        Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X