• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CC imminent, can I ask for SAR now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC imminent, can I ask for SAR now?

I am due a redetermination session at a CC shortly. Previously, I settled for a figure of the claim and offered £1 p.m due to my financial circumstance. The order was made for a much higher monthly payments. Hence the 'redetermination'. It is through CABOT. I have not (didn't know at the time) before asked for SAR's and the rest. So, can I now request the SAR? I have had City Creditcard for many years and through out years have paid their extortionate charges and interest which I hope to reclaim if I can.

Many thanks in advance for your input.
    Tags: None

Re: CC imminent, can I ask for SAR now?

Yes you can SAR, you can always SAR a firm that holds your personal details.

Send the subject access request along with a postal order to the data controller at their registered address. They have 40+2 days to respond.

I'm not sure of the value of sarring them tho, the time to battle their interest and charges is during the court case not after... but if its Citi's charges then you should SAR Citicard and then reclaim the charges from them imho.

TT
    I thought I knew something, but now I know nothing

Comment

Hi TT, for an SAR I don't think they get the extra 2 days, I think it's just 40 calendar days (not working days).

Comment

The 2 days is for your letter to get to them, you cant claim service on the same day as you write it.

TT

Comment

Both wrong! lol. Just looked it up. It's 40 days to respond from "the relevant day" this being the day that the data controller receives the request. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

err not quite... without evidence otherwise service is deemed two days after sending if sent by first class post.

so the relevant day will without evidence otherwise (sent recorded) be two days after sending... hence 40+2 days.

TT

Comment

see above
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X