• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Expert Witness Evidence and Fast Track Court hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert Witness Evidence and Fast Track Court hearing

Hi all,

New to the forum, so hoping I have put my first post in the correct location.

I have a few queries I was hoping could be answered.

I am in the process of taking a seller to court for selling me goods which weren't fit for the purpose for which they were described. I have had a pre trial hearing and could not reach any settlement with the defendant, so it is going to a fast track hearing.

In the pre hearing the defendant stated he did NOT wish to use expert evidence of his own at the trial. I am using two experts written evidence. The defendant has been in communication with a professional Mr X (who has already given us a written statement), who we have stated to the court we are including written expert evidence from him.............is the defendant allowed to use Mr X as a witness, and is he allowed to discuss the case with the Mr X before the trial?

Other query is, originally on the AQ, I selected small claims and the judge has moved it to fast track.......does that mean I can revise the costs of my claim and include additional costs I will incur by keeping the goods until the trial?

If anyone can help answer that it would be greatly appreciated.

Leffeman
    Last edited by leffeman101; 18th June 2011, 21:32:PM. Reason: pressed return and posted by mistake
    Tags: None

Re: Expert Witness Evidence and Fast Track Court hearing

Ok, so what is the question?

Comment

Originally posted by leffeman101 View Post
      Hi all,

New to the forum, so hoping I have put my first post in the correct location.

I have a few questions
      I was hoping could be answered.

I am in the process of taking a seller to court for selling me goods which weren't fit for the purpose for which they were described. I have had a pre trial hearing and could not reach any settlement with the defendant. In the hearing the defendant stated he did NOT wish to use an expert
      ????
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

sorry i pressed the return button by accident and posted without it being finished!

all done now

Comment

I also wanted to mention the defendant offered me less than a 1/4 of my total claim as settlement at the pre hearing which I declined. He said that was all the money he had and was unemployed at present. My worry is he will have time now to transfer assets etc or hide them before the hearing.......is there any way to do a search of assets to show the court what he currently owns? or is it not worth worrying about?

Comment

Some background information might help.

Comment

Re Expert witness
              Meat Corporation of Namibia Ltd v Dawn Meats (UK) Ltd
              [2011] EWHC 474 (Ch)

Compare

Prince Jefri Bolkiah v KPMG
              [1999] AC 222 (mentioned in above)

Google for info, as it's quite involved.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X