• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB meet 8th October 2011 -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LB meet 8th October 2011 -

Thanks Sapphy for your advice but I will still wait for the price at Holiday Inn as I should be able to get a friend and family rate which is cheaper also it is in the complex of the race course.

With my ankle as it is right now very painful I do not need to put any extra strain more than I have to, so walking a mile or so is not an option at this moment and I will at the end of the day do what is best for me and my ankle. The holiday Inn also will have breakfast included where I presume at the Premier Inn it is room only.

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
    We're happy roughing it for the night and staying at the Travel lodge lol, their rooms are clean and comfy (ish) just think about the difference in cost, roughly £100 will pay for the evening for two plus some of your drinkies.

Yep, we're happy with the Travel lodge and as Wendy says a stagger for some or a hearty walk for others.

Comment

YEP! I'm in ....... I'll go Holiday Inn with Tuttsi.

Will liaise with her directly on this.

jaxx

Comment

No probs Jax, the cost is £118 including breakfast for a double, not sure what a single will cost hun.

We will drive so no need for train fares.

You are welcome to travel with us, we will only stay the Friday night of the races.

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
        YEP! I'm in ....... I'll go Holiday Inn with Tuttsi.

Will liaise with her directly on this.

jaxx

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          No probs Jax, the cost is £118 including breakfast for a double, not sure what a single will cost hun.

You are welcome to travel with us, we will only stay the Friday night of the races.

andus ??

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Date 8th october 2011

Venue Wolverhampton Races http://www.wolverhampton-racecourse....=view&fix=1841

I have emailed about time scales for booking this is the reply.

Hi Diane
            We are fine for availability at the moment; things will start to get quite busy in mid August for that date so you have plenty of time to gather numbers etc.
            I hope this helps, if you do require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
            Kind regards
            Lindsey

The Hotel is actually on the course details here

http://www.wolverhampton-racecourse....rse-hotel.html

For anyone who has never been to the races and have any questions about going then please ask, would rather you ask a question no matter how daft you think it is than imagine you can't come for what ever reason.
            It realy is an experience and if you have a read of the info you will see it is not too expensive as on the package deals, food and enertainment is thrown in.
            Enaid x
            is this an LB get together generally folks? Just spotted the post and as an avid horse racing fan, it caught my eye:-) I concur Enaid, racing is a wicked fun way to spend an eve. Never been an all-weather meet before though; last race event I went to was the Epsom Derby in June :-)

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Tuts it is Saturday night 8th October not a Friday

Originally posted by catinahat View Post
              is this an LB get together generally folks? Just spotted the post and as an avid horse racing fan, it caught my eye:-) I concur Enaid, racing is a wicked fun way to spend an eve. Never been an all-weather meet before though; last race event I went to was the Epsom Derby in June :-)

Everyone is welcome catinhat, I booked 4 rooms at £18 at Travel Lodge I will have a spare if your interested. All the othe rinfo about the meal etc is in the link on first post.
              Enaid x

Comment

quote=Turboman;219650]andus ??[/quote]

Everyone is welcome Turbs to book and come along to this meet as always.... my contact's friend s and family rate is the same as booking direct at £118 for a double including breakfast.

So we will book directly with The Holiday Inn and I will tell Jax to do the same.

Thanks Enaid - I did not realise it was a Saturday = but I do now.

Looks like it will be a lovely afternoon/evening and will be great to see everyone again.

Comment

I've booked the day off work already . Make a change to be placing bets on course instead of taking them in ladbrokes on a Saturday lol. On course bookies is Ladbrokes so I can't bet with them, will have to use Tote.

Racing afficionados be aware you can't do combinations such as Yankees etc on course, minimum bet is £2, reverse forecast £4, combi forecast £12.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Wends

That ....15 that the chaps in the pub do---hows it work?

Comment

quote=Turboman;219650]andus ??
                      Everyone is welcome Turbs to book and come along to this meet as always.... my contact's friend s and family rate is the same as booking direct at £118 for a double including breakfast.

So we will book directly with The Holiday Inn and I will tell Jax to do the same.

Thanks Enaid - I did not realise it was a Saturday = but I do now.

Looks like it will be a lovely afternoon/evening and will be great to see everyone again.[/quote]

Tutts

I'm getting £147 with breakfasts???????

Turbs

Comment

Holiday Inn Garden Court : WOLVERHAMPTON

DUNSTALL PARK, GORSEBROOK RD, WOLVERHAMPTON, ENGLAND
                        Rates

Rooms available from
                        £ 118.00
                        GBP

Hotel Reservations : 0871 423 4847
                        Costs 10p per minute + network extras | Hotel Front Desk : 44-1902-390004
                        1.75MI(2.80KM) from destination
                        View More Details and Photos

1 DOUBLE BED STANDARD ROOM - NONSMOKING
                        View Description Hide Description

£ 118.00 GBP includes breakfast

Comment

Got it

£118 incl breakfast-pay all £118 up front-Cancel-lose the lot

£147 incl breakfast-pay 25% deposit-cancel up to within 3 days of arrival---only lose the deposit

20 rooms left

Comment

Turbs - a Lucky 15 consists of 4 selections. These combine into 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and a roll up( accumulator). Hence the 15 - there are 15 bets in the combination. You can bet each way giving 30 bets but obviously this doubles the stake. A 5p ew lucky 15 would be £1.50, or a 10p win lucky 15 would also be £1.50. If you wanted to do this type of bet you'd have to do it in a betting shop, can't do them on course.

When I get back off me hols I'll tell you more, in the meantime have a look at the bet glossary on Free Bet Calculator - Calculate Your Bet Returns Online. Or it might be .com can't remember off the top of my head.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              Tuts it is Saturday night 8th October not a Friday

Everyone is welcome catinhat, I booked 4 rooms at £18 at Travel Lodge I will have a spare if your interested. All the othe rinfo about the meal etc is in the link on first post.
                              Enaid x
                              Hey Thanks Enaid:-) sounds like a fun event and it would be lovely to actually meet people:-) I happen to LOVE horse racing too, which doesn't hurt... the only possible 'bug in the ointment', is that my boy is competing in the National championships in October (in watford) but not sure of date yet... its always a weekend when they hold the nationals (or any of the comps for that matter) so i better find out first.

Speaking of racing, there;s excellent meetings all across this weekend:-) Bunbury cup, John Smith Handicap, Ascot is on too :-) any tips anyone? Lol

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Originally posted by catinahat View Post
                                Hey Thanks Enaid:-) sounds like a fun event and it would be lovely to actually meet people:-) I happen to LOVE horse racing too, which doesn't hurt... the only possible 'bug in the ointment', is that my boy is competing in the National championships in October (in watford) but not sure of date yet... its always a weekend when they hold the nationals (or any of the comps for that matter) so i better find out first.

Speaking of racing, there;s excellent meetings all across this weekend:-) Bunbury cup, John Smith Handicap, Ascot is on too :-) any tips anyone? Lol
                                Me and my Oh are off to Haydock on Friday, we went last month and pushed the boat out on a meal, I wasn't keen so we stick to me picnic, me rum,n,coke and sit under the trees near the parade ring , bloody loverly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X