• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim against me by Finance Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim against me by Finance Company

Hi,

I have had a claim issued against me with regards to return of a vehicle I have arrears on

They have issued a Default notice, which to me appears in order, with the exception it includes amounts for several £25 penalty charges - is this an issue that can damage the validity of the DN?

They then followed this with a written notice of termination and then followed again with a letter stating there agents would be in contact to retrieve the vehicle

The agreement is just over 2 years in to a 4 year agreement, with well over the 1/3rd paid, so I wrote explaining I knew my rights regards a court order being required, and in the same letter offered to re commence payments if the arrears could be divided across the remaining term

They ignored this, and issued a claim which has come through to me as a "Notice of Issue of Fixed Date (summons or originating application)"

So, what are the thoughts on my options?

Tags: None

Re: Car repossession - Default notice invalid?

what is the agreement

hp
    fixed sum loan
    conditional sale

Comment

Hi,

conditional sale

Thanks

Comment

Several other issues -

I believe there is a S140a argument as well due to -

a) the £25 per bounced DD, default notice service, non payment in month, etc

b) the penalty clause that allows them to charge me 12p/mile for every mile over 12k miles P/A (I have done hefty mileage, so they have put in a damages claim within the particulars but obviously only refer to the ecess mileage clause as they dont know my mileage - this excess charge would net them WAY more than the effect of the high mileage on the cars value (and I'm talking £K's here)

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
          Hi,

conditional sale

Thanks
          any chance of a peek

dave

Comment

Here you go -

Default and termination first -

Comment

And the actual court claim -

Comment

Good Afternoon

My Next Questio Is

On The Default Notice

Have They Claimed The Arrears Or The Full Balance

WHAT IS THE DATE ON THE DEFAULT NOTICE AND DATE TO RECTIFY THE DEFAULT BY

WHAT IS THE DATE OF THE TERMINATION NOTICE

Comment

Cheers for the time on this -

They have claimed the arrears + the default charges

Dates to rectify were well inside the required 14 days (26th April sent, 16th May due)

Termination letter dated 19th May

Comment

Was The Creditors Name And Address As Well As Yours On The Default Notice

Comment

Yes - headed paper, with their name+address at the base and mine at the top

The only things I can possibly see as an issue to them is the penalty charges included in the default amount (due to them not being the true cost to their business) and possibly (being very picky) the prominence (underline and bolding) of some of the text

Have to say, quite suprised more people haven't commented on this now?

Comment

is this agreement pre 7th april 2007.
                        did you ever have any face to face contact with your creditor and or dealer
                        when they signed the agreement, did they date it.

dave

Comment

Hi,

no 2009

No face to face, all via post/tel and they have dated it

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                            Hi,

no 2009

No face to face, all via post/tel and they have dated it
                            what length of time is given for your cancellation rights,

dave

Comment

Just says "You will have for a short time the right to cancel"

No date or amount of days is specified?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X