• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Ummm, sorry Garlok, I'm being dense but still don't know.

What PB actually said was ''contact the creditor and arrange a repayment plan you can afford and get on with your life'' so I don't really think it's fair to shorten that to 'p*ss off, pay up and get a life' is it ? I did actually ask the OP if he had spoken to MBNA about repayments on my first post in the thread too.
    Reputation.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
      Dan did say at the outset this was a credit card debt.

Interesting quotes from pompeyfaith and never-in-doubt. MBNA did re-issue a DN on me when I tackled the validity of the original one. The second one was compliant but they put it forward as a 'copy' of the original non compliant one, complete with original issue date and remedy date. A little misleading I think!!!

And their 'true copy' of the agreement (pre Carey) is an obvious mash-up. Photoshop rules - NOT!!!
      Have a word with Oscar OTR

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh, forgot we had that since we got the thanks button lol, thanks Mystery1 xx Not sure why we'd take them away anyway.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Green buttons ?

(sorry am reading the rest just don't know what you mean by that bit)
          I think s/he means the reputation thingy's.

Damn !! Why to I still post answers to posts halfway down the page without finishing reading to the end of the thread???
          Last edited by basa48; 15th June 2011, 19:25:PM.
          They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Dan, has probably run for the hills and who could blame him?

Not impressed!!!

Comment

Garlock

i am in agreement with every one giving their opinions and view and then the person can make their own decision having wieghed up the for and against.

I took advice OTR and was actively encouraged to see things thru to court not knowing the consequences, by other who had an axe to grind against my creditor. I dont think they had my best interest at heart.

On the other hand if some one has a strong case and they understand the consequences, potential cost etc then yes they should go for it...

Comment

Originally posted by Differentjudge View Post
                Garlock

I took advice OTR and was actively encouraged to see things thru to court not knowing the consequences, by other who had an axe to grind against my creditor. I dont think they had my best interest at heart.

On the other hand if some one has a strong case and they understand the consequences, potential cost etc then yes they should go for it...
                I can't understand how anyone can make such important decisions without first ensuring they are in possession of the facts, the possible pitfalls and consequences.

People need to research hard and make up their own minds whether the risks are worth it.

You can't blame people for advising you wrongly if you haven't done your homework.

I look at all the arguments, for and against and decide the best way forward.

At the moment I have written off two small debts (yes I do mean 'written off) and the creditors have stopped chasing the other 3 large debts.

I am well aware I would possibly lose in court, but to date I have saved over £14,000 in repayments.
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X