• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global / HSBC - Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global / HSBC - Court Claim

Hi All,

Please accept that this is my first thread and im new to all of this.

I have recieved my first County Court claim for approx £1500 from Northampton (CCBC)

Particulars of claim are as follows:

The Claimants claim is for the sum of ****.** being monies due from the defendant to the Claimant under a regulated agreement between the defendant
    and HSBC and assigned to the claimant. Notice of the assignment has been provided to the defendant. The defendant has faied to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served persuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. And the claimant claims the sum of ****.** TOGETHER with the costs of this claim DATE OF ISSUE

I believe this is from a old current account that defaulted in July 2005, I have never acknolwedged the debt.

It has been passed around from DCA to DCA and I didnt hear anything for a couple of years.

Then arrow global have been very swift in getting this to court, Maybe as it is getting very close to the six year mark?

There are no documents attached to the claim form.

I really dont know the best way of dealing with this, but i am defending the full amount.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by JimBobb; 5th June 2011, 18:12:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global / HSBC - Court Claim

Hello

Please check this thread as it contains some very useful information

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=11458

Id also advise filing an 'acknowledgement of service' to buy you some more time and fire off a CPR 31.14 request at the same time. This basically means the 'other side' have to provide you all documentation theat they are going to rely on to support their case.

A template is found here: (sorry for the offsite link) http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....Your_Advantage

If they dont provide you anything this is going to help you in your defence.

Does anyone else know where the law stands in this case - does the limitation act no longer apply as a claim has been filed just inside of the 6 year period?
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Thankyou for your reply,

I sent a CPR 31.14 request a few days after receiving court papers, 2 days later I received a letter back saying they have requested the information from their clients and will respond in due course.

Nothing received as of yet and their deadline is this wednesday, could anyone advise of the next steps to take if they do not meet the deadline?

Also will the limitation act still apply now the claim has been filed?

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Could anyone advise as the next step to take if claiment fails to comply with my CPR 31.14 request

They confirmed they had recieved my letter on the 7th June, so 7 days takes it to tomorrow the 14th

Defence has to be filed for the 28th

Many Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X