• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems With Home Office!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With Home Office!

Hi Everybody
    My friend and her husband are in trouble and they need an advice.
    I April 2010 her husband was declined a UK resident permit and he lost his right to work legally in this country. At the same time they have never returned his passport, so even if he wanted to move somewhere else, he cannot do it. In In October my friends got married (she's Polish and he is Algerian). They both provided Home Office with the papers and pictures confirming their marriage. She was also requested to send her passport. It's been 7 months and she still has not received her passport back! She cannot even go to Poland to visit her family. It's been 2 years since his passport was taken away!

Not only Home Office respresentatives refuse to provide them with any info regarding his residency process, but also do not want to tell them when they will get their passports back. They say the process has not been completed and it may take a bit longer. WHAT KIND OF VAGUE ANSWER IS THAT?!!!!!!!!

How can they refuse to provide them with information regarding their life, their passport? They keep sending letters to Home Office, new application forms and nothing has been done.

Is there any legal act according to which Home Office CANNOT refuse to give them an updated information? What shall they do?

I will much appreciate your advise. My friends are stuck and they already once seeked legal advise, but they spent a lot of money and nothing happened.

Thank you!
    Noushki (on behalf of Ilona and Wari)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X