• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Train 4 Trade withdrawal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train 4 Trade withdrawal

Hi last week (14/05/22) I signed up for train for trade training but after looking further into it I found that what I had been promised wasn’t really what I was going to be getting. An example would be I was told all travel and accommodation would be paid for. Which when I was given details (after I had signed the contract) the salesman had forgotten to mention that it was only available for those living outside a 50mile radius of the training centre which I wasn’t.
    This amongst other things was why I have decided to withdraw from the application. I have drafted a letter to the credit agency but when I called the salesman who sold me this, he told me that I couldn’t withdraw from this agreement although I haven’t even finished the 14day cool off period.

I would appreciate any help to solve this as quickly as possible.

I should mention that I haven’t paid a deposit for this course and the salesman wants to pick that up from me on Monday 23/05/11
    Tags: None

Re: Train 4 Trade withdrawal

Originally posted by Saint902002 View Post
    Hi last week (14/05/22) I signed up for train for trade training but after looking further into it I found that what I had been promised wasn’t really what I was going to be getting. An example would be I was told all travel and accommodation would be paid for. Which when I was given details (after I had signed the contract) the salesman had forgotten to mention that it was only available for those living outside a 50mile radius of the training centre which I wasn’t.
    This amongst other things was why I have decided to withdraw from the application. I have drafted a letter to the credit agency but when I called the salesman who sold me this, he told me that I couldn’t withdraw from this agreement although I haven’t even finished the 14day cool off period.
    I take it that this contract was signed in your home rather than at a library or some trade premises?

I would appreciate any help to solve this as quickly as possible.
    If the sales-wallah misrepresented the nature of the course and/or the accomodation, you have a right to rescind the contract ab initio - in other words, as if the contract had never been signed and no deal had been agreed.

Contact your local Trading Standards department and get them to stop that shifty, shonky box-wallah from doing it to others.

I should mention that I haven’t paid a deposit for this course and the salesman wants to pick that up from me on Monday 23/05/11
    It might be easiest if you were out that day.

Mightn't Monday be most convenient for you to take the paperwork, etc to show Trading Standards?

Comment

Thanks clever clogs. Yes it was at my home address..

I am clear on how to terminate my contract with the Loan company however train 4 trade are making it difficult to find where or whom i should send a letter stating that i wish to terminate.

I will be imforming trading standards of this "shonky box-wallah".

I am also thinking of meeting the sales person on monday, not to pay the desposit but to give the course materials back and also hand him a copy of the letter of termination with details explaing why.

Comment

I am clear on how to terminate my contract with the Loan company however train 4 trade are making it difficult to find where or whom i should send a letter stating that i wish to terminate.
        To avoid any misunderstanding, is the company Train4TradeSkills, a trading name or style of Metropolitan International Schools Limited?

I have looked at their website and found that it contains not the slightest hint or trace of their postal address - which seems a tad naughty - but a Google search of "Train4TradeSkills" led me to What Consumer where someone was asking much the same as you - link. That gave me the company name, Metropolitan International Schools Limited and Companies House gave me their registered address - link - which was confirmed by the ASA ruling on their misleading TV adverts - link. However, another link from Google suggests they are actually based in Luton.

They have been twice investigated by the BBC and their box-wallahs were found to have told fibs - here (scroll down) and here.

I am also thinking of meeting the sales person on monday, not to pay the desposit but to give the course materials back and also hand him a copy of the letter of termination with details explaing why.
        The problem with that idea is that the sales wallah will not get his/her commission if you cancel, so he/she will have a significant disincentive to return the course materials or forward your letter to head office. I feel you'd be wiser to mail the stuff back by Recorded Delivery - and send your letter of cancellation by Special Delivery.

Comment

The company name is trade4trade but the address I was given was for Metropolitan International Schools Limited which is in Luton but the address I have been given by them is slightly different to that in the links you’ve posted.

I have sent a letter of calculation by recorded post and I’m tracking it at the moment.

As for the course materials the p&p is a tad expensive so do you think that I could get the salesman to sign for it in some way so that my records would show that he received it or should I just fork out for the p&p just to be safe?

If I had known it was going be this difficult I wouldn’t have signed in the first place[IMG]file:///C:/Users/FIRELO%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]. I can’t believe that this company is still aloud to be trading...

Again thanks clevercloggs youve been mighty helpful

Comment

The company name is trade4trade but the address I was given was for Metropolitan International Schools Limited which is in Luton but the address I have been given by them is slightly different to that in the links you’ve posted.
            It's not unusual for a company to have registered address for service which differs from where it actually operates.

I have sent a letter of calculation by recorded post and I’m tracking it at the moment.
            If you were seeking to learn English from those bounders, it's not difficult to see why you'd want to cancel.

As for the course materials the p&p is a tad expensive so do you think that I could get the salesman to sign for it in some way so that my records would show that he received it or should I just fork out for the p&p just to be safe?
            If he will sign for them, you should be safe; if he won't, then send the stuff back by Recorded Delivery.

I can’t believe that this company is still aloud to be trading...
            One might say the same about a number of companies; for example, when one considers the number of contracts a certain management company has failed to perform satisfactorily, one must surely be amazed that it still wins new contracts from local and national government.

Comment

Hey!Does anybody know of a lawyer or a company that specifies in the dodgy dealings of this company?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X