• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Loft Steps - Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loft Steps - Help Please

We are in the process of building rooms in the attic.
    The problem is access.

What I would like is a wooden staircase that pulls down, proper steps. The hallway isn't wide enough to have them permanently down.

To have this would mean the steps would have to attach to the ceiling, not fold into the attic, and able to pull down one end.
    The attic hatch would have to open 'in', which I am not too keen on - unless anyone can think of an alternative.

Anyway, has anyone any idea where I can get something like this? I have searched the net, but can't see anything like this.

Sally xxx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: Loft Steps - Help Please

Some here sal

http://www.loftshop.co.uk/products.asp?catID=4

Not sure of the limitations but this place seem to have plenty of choice?

Comment

Can't see the type I want, not sure if they even exist!!
      I want it to look like a normal, but slim stairway when it's down.
      Quite like this though ........

Would need to alter the top, have hand rails just inside the loft rather than go straight up or I wouldn't be able shut it.

Thanks Jan

Sally xxx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Have you tried lpoking at split staircases, theyre a bit hard to describe so ile try and find a pic to post
        basically the stairs alternate one fixed on left, then right, basically they take up half the space.

you'll understand when i find a pic

Comment

here you go

http://www.stairplan.co.uk/spacesaver.htm

Comment

I like them, although they are still too wide. But they could 'live' on the ceiling when not in use.
            Thanks PK,

Sally x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X