• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis Credit Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advantis Credit Services

These idiots keep pestering me for money too!

Good luck with them.

Comment

hi i am new to this site but am hoping for some advice afte reading previous threads. I have recieved a letter from advantis credit demanding that i pay a £573.20 debt in full. i was going to ring them to discuss the matter but now im not sure weather i should as i dont want to be bullied into paying something when im not sure what its for..I have also recenly moved into a new house and i dnt knowwere they have obtined my new address from.

Comment

Hi Jae37

On no account telephone them, they will continuously call you all hours pf the day and night. Send the "Prove It" letter and make sure everything is in writing. Finally take notice of what the people on here say, they all have had the problems and are really good at helping each other out.

Comment

Also do not sign the letter in usual signature as these companies have been know to copy them.

Originally posted by Anon E Muss View Post
          Hi Jae37

On no account telephone them, they will continuously call you all hours pf the day and night. Send the "Prove It" letter and make sure everything is in writing. Finally take notice of what the people on here say, they all have had the problems and are really good at helping each other out.

Comment

Hi

I received a letter asking about a business matter that I needed to discuss with these people and I was asked to contact them. I took the advice on this board and sent through the "Prove It" letter. This was about a month ago.

Today I have received a missed called, which I looked up, and it's them calling me now. I didn't answer the call.

What is all of your advice? What do I do next?

Thanks!

Li

Comment

the ball is in their court. Use the time to read Curly Bens' fantastic Sticky notes. But in the meantime also send them a letter demanding all contact is in writing , check out the templates section for a range of letter. Consider changing your number as well.

Comment

Got a letter from Advantis stating they want to confirm the xxx xxx lives at this address (name completely wrong) stating they are acting for the dvla regarding a business matter that needs urgent attention, others have had the same email if you search. They are now using a new number (or another number) so beware of 08448240123

Comment

Advantis were on my case for an alleged tax credits overpayment, they sent endless letters and txts. I sent a single letter back saying HMRC were unable to provide a breakdown or statement showing how they'd arrived at the figure allegedly overpaid, then ignored the rest as there was little else left to say. They eventually gave up the ghost, never to be seen again. :grin: :grin:

Comment

Hi

Advantis credit called about 4 times for homeowner private matter I did not return calls as thought it was a scam.
                    Calls stop then a letter pushed letter box for ocupier. Letter said to confirm name date of birth and something about outstanding parking fines. (At that point I binned the letter)
                    I refuse to give that personal information over. Besides I can not remember getting them as I have a clear credit history going back over 20 years. What will be there next tactic? Or what should I do.
                    At this point I have not returned those calls this letter hand posted or not means nothing. As I am not aware of any outstanding parking fines. What to do next I should of keep the letter and sent a prove it.
                    Last edited by Tick; 5th August 2017, 05:36:AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I have lived over 20 years at this address and other linked address. With no issues.
                      Last edited by Tick; 5th August 2017, 02:29:AM. Reason: Missed a word

Comment

Hi Tick, welcome to LB.

Far as I can tell, they are a debt collection agency acting on behalf of someone else.
                        Do they refer to 'their client' at all in the letter?
                        If it were me I certainly wouldn't be sending them any personal info.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Hi Tick, welcome to LB.

Far as I can tell, they are a debt collection agency acting on behalf of someone else.
                          Do they refer to 'their client' at all in the letter?
                          If it were me I certainly wouldn't be sending them any personal info.
                          No the word client was not used. They did put address down but I personally could not recognise it because working on there logic this would be 23+ years old and I moved a round a lot when I was younger.
                          No I'm not sending nothing. If they send a letter to me I expect name,address and letter which confirms all my details and orignal documentation to prove there claim I would have no issues. So like you said I'm not replying. I find it strange that if it was a fine for parking surely the dvla would confirm my details? If it was a court fine I would think they would do the same as other government agencies. I pay tax and national insurance which is linked to dvla.

Comment

Hi Charitynjw

I was just making sure that I'm following the right route. And I do not want them to think I'm admitting I'm the person or there claim.

Comment

Hi,

I have received an email from Advantis Credit Ltd today stating that:

Advantis provide professional services to a number of large organisations within the UK. We are currently trying to contact you regarding an outstanding business matter.
                              Please call us on 01782 40 11 01 to discuss this business matter which requires your urgent attention.

In the email they haven't stated who their client is. I have read the many steps taken in this thread, but I'm not sure what is the best course of action.
                              I haven't taken action yet on this matter. What should be the best course of action?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Comment

Phishing E-Mail,,, could of been sent to anybody with the same name as you and they do send to all the same names hoping to get a response from the one they are looking for = Phishing letters/E-Mails

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X