• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hillesden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillesden

Hi again,

Ok so Hillesden placed a default notice on my husbands account, I sent the CCA request, but as I was new to everything I didn't word it specifically to the law sections. It was still a cca request and I did send the pound for the info. They Promptly ignored the letter, then a few weeks later sent me a letter under their other name of direct and legal collections. The letter just says it is a sum of arrears notice.

I sent them the how dare you sell my account on to another company whilst it is dispute letter, plus the reminder to the CCA request.

I then left it 30 plus days and sent them the section 10 notice ( I think it was that one, saying you have failed to provide me with anything I have asked you to therefore you are in serious breech of blah blah blah)

Today however I recieve a letter saying that they never recieved a formal request for a CCA. They have also made up a copy of a letter (without any headings) dated it 10th march and said that they need a formal request under the consumer credit act 1974 plus a pound fee.

So should I start the process over again with them??? I am tempted to, but thats playing their game. I am unsure of what to do next???
    Tags: None

Re: Hillesden

Hit the scoundrels with a Subject Access Request, under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998; admittedly, the maximum fee which they'll demand - and they will demand the maximum - is £10 rather than a measly £1, but it should involve a lot more effort on their part which seems fair return for them having chosen to play at Silly Sodomites.

It may also produce some interesting results.

Comment

Hillesden/DLC are my favourite shower of creeps because they are so incredibly stupid. I personally would just ignore them and let them chase themselves round their different companies (Hillesden/DLC/MDB) trying to catch themselves. Unless they can produce a credit agreement , which you requested, then the alleged account remains in dispute no matter what they say. If they continue to pursue you for payment, write to the OFT telling them they are pursuing you for an alleged debt in dispute and send a copy to DLC's Complaints Department. Ask the credit reference agencies to remove the default as there is no proof this money is owed.

Comment

Thank you!

They have annoyed me so I am going to send them the section ten letter again plus a SAR hehe

Comment

Wait until they put you on their Debt Surveillance Programme. Another joke fro the chicken pluckers

Comment

omg i've been on that super scary programme ODC!!!
            I was sooooo scared of their super powers to do....... nothing

Comment

LOL thanks for the warnings ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X