• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collectors ringing my neighbours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt collectors ringing my neighbours

It sounds very much to me like harassment. Do you have any outstanding debts at all that would give these bottom-feeders any grounds to be ringing you? If not, next time they ring, answer and press them to identify themselves. Be firm, because they don't expect people to respond like that.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi, i had this happen to me earlier this year. my 96 year old downstairs neighbour left me a note apologising that she wasnt able to get to the phone on time to answer it, but a message was left on her machine, which she thought they said had something to do with insurance!

i thanked my neighbour and advised that it was best that she gave no information out about me, as anyone i wanted to speak to had my number so would contact me direct. Christ only knows what my neighbour must be thinking about me and my activities - i was very embarrassed. if they contacted my downstairs neighbour they may well have contacted the neighbours either side of me as well - all 3 households are trusting and co operative older persons, who would give out information in the belief that they are being helpful.

Comment

CleverClogs highlights an interesting point.

Although Westcott may not disclose anything about the debtor to the neighbours, if they disclose who they themelves are, that probably amounts to a Data Protection breach.

It might be worth clarifying this with ICO.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
          CleverClogs highlights an interesting point.

Although Westcott may not disclose anything about the debtor to the neighbours, if they disclose who they themelves are, that probably amounts to a Data Protection breach.

It might be worth clarifying this with ICO.
          That it does. It also needs reporting to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle2011 View Post
            That is sad! What is the world coming to? You would think that would be an invasion of one's privacy!
            If every think has legally done then no need to worry about,but something went wrong that why bank calling his neighbour,that's it.If he is legal then he directly claim about that company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X