• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

delilah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delilah

Hi, need some help with cabot taking me to court. Received summary cause from cabots lawyers last week for an old Littlewoods credit card at 4,700 and an argos store card at £257. There is no info contained in the summons other than they are claiming i owe them the money. I had CCA'd cabot in september last year and after a long delay and their usual looking in their archives routine, they eventually sent the original application forms for the 2 accounts. None of these have any of the prescribed terms on them and they have enclosed separate terms and conditions. Unfortunately in 2008 i had buckled under the pressure and was paying money towards these accounts but no further payments have been made since 2008 otherwise they would have been statute barred by now. As far as i know i have never received default notices on these accounts, if i did, it must have been from the original creditors and possibly as far back as 2005/2006. I received letters from cabot with the CCA's saying they acquired the debts in 2007, the letters are dated 2010 with the heading sent in June 2007 and are obviously not copies of the originals. They also refer to the agreements in their letters they have sent me as being covered and bound by English Law and as i live in Scotland would English Law apply or Scottish? Im confused but do i have a case for defending this or should i just plead guilty and seek a time to pay? Im also nervous about defending myself so any help and encouragement would help
    Last edited by delilah; 4th May 2011, 15:26:PM. Reason: wrong title put in
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X