• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Long Can they keep me waiting??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Can they keep me waiting??

11th January received a court claim from Minicredit See Thread

Final Notice Before Legal Action - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Admitted part of claim, Defence sent off.
    It is now 113 days later and heard nothing from Minicredit or Court so obviously the threat of this hangin over us is causing worry for the last 113 days.
    Added to the fact they are claiming 90p per day till judgement x113 days = 101.70 added potentially to the claim.

Can I get the court to hear the case??

Can I ask the court to dismiss the case?

Can I claim for the worry and torment this delay has caused our family?

I want to go to court before the judge.

Are there any other options open to me??

Any advice welcomed

I have posted here cos I havnt had any replies for quite a while on my above thread.

Cheers
    Last edited by Delboy01; 4th May 2011, 15:46:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: How Long Can they keep me waiting??

Well if I were you I would ring the Court and see what is happening (or not, as the case may be) with this claim. Can't do any harm, can it?
    Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Wendy just spoken to the court and nothing has happened, I mentioned the 90p per day and they said "well you need to be sure of your defence."

They also said I could "fill in a N244 but I am not sure what you would put on it"

Or they said "you could speak to them"

One other question if I may, we offered part admission of 150 over 3 months on the court form, the i/e form we sent in is now out of date and we would not be able to pay 150 over the 3 months should I forward a new i/e and offer to the court??

Comment

Did the court know why nothing has happened? As in, what stage is it at? Is it likely to be listed for a hearing anytime soon?

Isn't an N244 the form you use when applying for a case to be struck out? I'll call in the cavalry, see if anyone can advise further on what grounds you could apply for the case to be struck out.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          Did the court know why nothing has happened? As in, what stage is it at? Is it likely to be listed for a hearing anytime soon?

Isn't an N244 the form you use when applying for a case to be struck out? I'll call in the cavalry, see if anyone can advise further on what grounds you could apply for the case to be struck out.
          Wendy the Court havnt received anything from MC The last thing I sent them was N9 form, the Defence and part admission and offer to pay. I presume the court sent it to the claimant.

It is not listed for a hearing AFAIAA.

Dont know bout N244 its what the lady at the court suggested.

Thanks

Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy01 View Post
            Dont know bout N244
            Let me google that for you

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I did that already CleverClogs

Comment

Still just sitting at the court. Heard nothing from the court or minicredit. Their 90p daily interest is mounting up must be about 150 quid by now

Comment

Hopeful bump
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by WendyB View Post

Cavalry on its way??
                  Last edited by Delboy01; 6th July 2011, 14:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sounds like your case is stayed.

When a defendant makes a part admission:

(3) On receipt of the admission, the court will serve a notice on the claimant requiring him to return the notice stating that –
                    (a) he accepts the amount admitted in satisfaction of the claim;

(b) he does not accept the amount admitted by the defendant and wishes the proceedings to continue; or

(c) if the defendant has requested time to pay, he accepts the amount admitted in satisfaction of the claim, but not the defendant’s proposals as to payment.

PART 14 - ADMISSIONS - Ministry of Justice

If the claimants do not respond within 14 days, the case is stayed.

Now with a N244, you can file an application to lift the stay however that will proceed to a hearing:

http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov....rms/n244_e.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X