• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

Thank you! Do you think I shall ignore them, or call to see what they want?

Comment

Personally I always ignore such calls until official communication is made via postal letter.
      Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Originally posted by Noushki View Post
        Thank you! Do you think I shall ignore them, or call to see what they want?
        Take note of angrycats posts on their CCA licences.
        Right to Canvas of premises...NO

Any visit would contavenecthe CCA Act and their licence as well as the act of trespass.

sparkie

Just my opionion

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
          Take note of angrycats posts on their CCA licences.
          Right to Canvas of premises...NO

Any visit would contavenecthe CCA Act and their licence as well as the act of trespass.

Just my opionion
          What, in your opinion, would the OFT do about breaches of licence conditions?

My opinion is that they'd do precisely bugger all.

Comment

The OFT cannot take on individual cases, that's the FOS's job. The OFT will however, register the complaint and compile a case against a company who breach OFT requirements on debt collection. A simple letter giving brief details of your complaint will cost pennies. But, keep it brief and invite them to contact you for more info if required. Don't go into a verble diatribe about your thought's and opinions, they don't have the time for personal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alsagerman View Post
              The OFT cannot take on individual cases, that's the FOS's job. The OFT will however, register the complaint and compile a case against a company who breach OFT requirements on debt collection.
              And then do precisely bugger all.

Comment

NOT TRUE! OFT does help, maybe not as often as they should, but they do act on complaints.

Last year in September I filed a complaint against Yes Loans. Since then OFT have been in touch with me regularly and recently called me to ask my permission to use my letters as a proof in the court. So I think something is being done, which is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Noushki View Post
                  NOT TRUE! OFT does help, maybe not as often as they should, but they do act on complaints.

Last year in September I filed a complaint against Yes Loans. Since then OFT have been in touch with me regularly and recently called me to ask my permission to use my letters as a proof in the court. So I think something is being done, which is great!
                  I might begin to believe they are slightly less use than a chocolate teapot when that company is prosecuted or Mucky Hall's licence is revoked.

Comment

I agree

Comment

The county court in Northampton is the "summons factory" for debt collection. I think the offiical title is bulk processing centre.

If you were to get a CC summons, apply immediately to have it transferred to a local court nearer your home.

Comment

HI

The "default notice" is totally none compliantand would not enable enforcement on a conventional loan.

I do not think that it is ever the idea to enforce anyway to be honest, although i could be proven wrong. I think they use the DN as just another tool to intimidate lenders.

Unfortunately the CCA is completely inadequate on these agreements in my view, as are the OFT debt collection guidlines. Something neds to be done.

Regards
                        Peter

Comment

Another letter from Mucky Hall threatening me with Merit Force visit at home, unless, of course, I pay money back within 10 days. I know those guys have no rights to come inside my house, so my boyfriend and I agreed that when someone comes asking for me, he will announce we split up and I do not live here anymore

As I mentioned before, Mucky Hall claims money based on incorrect balance, so I sent them a letter with a proof attached confirming I paid off part of this balance to the company that originaly owed the debt. I also added that if they won't correct the balance I will assume they claim the money unlawfully and I will take legal actions

They threaten me, so I will respond!

Comment

*Yawn*

I'm STILL waiting for my visit from them !!

Comment

ha ha ha, really? How long has it been?

Comment

Three YEARS and counting.
                                As ever best to Ignore Mucky's steaming piles..
                                Responding only encourages them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X