• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

DEFAULT ON FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.

We have been instructed by MacKenzie Hall Debt Purchases Ltd to consider legal proceedings against you in Northampton County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding above, together with statutory interest and additional costs. If you wish to avoid Court action then you must pay the full amount within 7 days. There will be no further warning (in bold letters!)

Upon Judgement, enforcement action could be taken against you, whereby the following methods could be considered:
    - attachement order on your salary
    warrant of execution by the bailiff/sheriff officers instructed to seize your goods from your property
    - charging order or bancrupcy may also be considered where applicable.

Your payment must be sent to MacKenzie Hall immediately. If you wish to pay by Debit Card or Credit Card or discuss the matter then you must contact our Litigation Team on 01563 556 544.".

Yes, just trying to scare you, note all words in red!

Shall I respond by letter? No! Or is it one of those scary letters they sent to intimidate me and force me into paying it fully? YES!
    Also, what really annoys me is that despite me trying to tell them many times they do not consider is that the balance they are claiming is NOT correct. I have been paying Quick Quid money for few months before they sold the debt, so the balance is much smaller.
    Send a Data Protection Act Request to QuickQuid for full details of your account, just in case Mucky Hall push any further.

Read more at: DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you Celestine! I much appreciate your advice. I will send a letter today.

Comment

Northampton seems to be the head office for the DCA industry - i am suspicious as to weather it is an actual court or not?
        But anyway - like i say above, a proper court is the only place that can obtain money you (via a proper legal process) no one else.

Comment

Northampton is the bulk clearing centre for all claims filed online, hence most DCA's use it for issuing proceedings against a debtor.
          It's a few clicks of a mouse.......

Info about - County court bulk centre - contact us
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

A few years ago muck hall threaten me with 'legal actiion' and I'm still waiting for this to take off...wait and see what they will try next.

And if you still concerned about 'visits', have you got a dictaphone/voice recordable mp3 player? If not you could always get one, bought one for under £20, and record what they say..and then listen to their bigheaded lies!!

If they send someone around it would be merit force and these 'people' (used loosely) like to flash their ID cards as it would grant them access. Happened to me, but the first one was told to **** *** by a neighbour and became sulky but went away..
            The second one, called my flat but left and the third one, a teenager wearing a baseball cap, had a lengthy chat with my neighbour over the intercom but wasn't let in..they will try anything!!
            All this I have on CCTV tape and it's quite amusing...
            Last edited by twix; 12th May 2011, 11:12:AM.

Comment

Hello All
              Just an update - another sleazy letter from Mucky Hall arrived on Saturday. This time from company called Connect that seems a part of MacKenzie Hall. It is amazing how many letters they will send to threaten you and if I have never spoken to you, I would become another victim of this terrible company. Another letter that is almost a copy of previous one with wording like "may", "if", "should" and fancy words like "judge", "court" - anything to scare you and force you into paying!
              Thank to you I am not that silly anymore and I just laugh at them! :tinysmile_grin_t:

"NOTICE OF COLLECTION ACTIVITY.

Further to recent correspondence sent by MacKenzie Hall Debt Purchase Ltd (I wonder how many companies they established, the above account remains unpaid. MacKenzie Hall Ltd have now been instructed to commence collection activities to recover outstanding balance of £****.

Should this matter not be resolved we may recommend our clients to issue a claim against in your Local Court.

If judgement is granted the following may apply:
              - Your debt being increased to include Legal Costs and Interest
              - Your name being entered in the Public Records of your Local Court.

Non - payment after judgement may result in the following:
              - An application to your current employer for an Attachement of Earnings
              - Apply to your local court for an application to seize some of your assets.

To avoid any of this action, payment must be made within 72hours (another 72 hours!) of receipt of this letter."

Comment

Good Girl

Comment

Licence Number:0544407
                  Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMackenzie Hall LimitedSC 255891

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes16Requirements Imposed15/04/2009

Categories:

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Connect;
                  Engage;
                  Mackenzie Hall;
                  Mackenzie Hall Tracing

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Empire Collections Mackenzie Hall Collections

Issued Date: 22-Oct-2003
                  Date Maintenance Payment Due: 21-Oct-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositiongary JonesPaul Mackenzie

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionJanice KingOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Adjusting Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United KingdomRegistered OfficeUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence2nd Floor, 5, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock , KA1 1DZPrincipal Place Of Business2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, KA1 1LUPrincipal Place Of Business2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, Scotland, KA1 1LUPrincipal Place Of Business2nd Floor, 5, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1DUPrincipal Place Of Business2nd Floor, 5, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1DZPrincipal Place Of Business30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, Scotland, KA1 1LURegistered Office2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, KA1 1LURegistered Office2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, Scotland, KA1 1LURegistered Office2nd Floor, 5, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1DURegistered Office2nd Floor, 5, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1DZ

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                    Licence Number:0544407

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMackenzie Hall LimitedSC 255891

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Connect;
                    Engage;
                    Mackenzie Hall;
                    Mackenzie Hall Tracing

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Empire Collections Mackenzie Hall Collections

Issued Date: 22-Oct-2003
                    That's odd. Why is there no mention of Meritforce Ltd, which is based in Ayrshire, or for MacKenzie Hall Debt Purchases Ltd, the registered office of which is in London? I have checked the register (link) for those names, but not a trace could be found.

Does anyone know why that should be?

Comment

http://meritforce.co.uk/client-site/
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Licence Number:0434326

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMeritforce Limited1615338

Categories:

Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Issued Date: 27-Sep-1997
                      Expiry Date: 11-Oct-2012

Legal Formation:

NamePositionGam JonesPaul Mackensie

NamePositionAlan Keith KnoxOFFICERSonia McVayOFFICER

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionJonesGaryMacKenziePaul

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceUnit 2B, 58, Portland Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceunit 3, Saint Peter Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tine, NE6 1TZCorrespondenceUnit 3, Terrace Level, Saint Peters Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 1TZPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 3, Saint Peters Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 1TZPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 3, Terrace Level, St. Peters Wharf, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 1TZ, United KingdomRegistered OfficeUnit 3, Terrace Level, St. Peters Wharf, St Peter Wharf, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 1TZ, United Kingdom

Categories:

Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Issued Date: 27-Sep-1997
                      Expiry Date: 11-Oct-2012

Legal Formation:

NamePositionGam JonesPaul Mackensie

NamePositionAlan Keith KnoxOFFICERSonia McVayOFFICER

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionJonesGaryMacKenziePaul

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceUnit 2B, 58, Portland Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceunit 3, Saint Peter Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tine, NE6 1TZCorrespondenceUnit 3, Terrace Level, Saint Peters Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 1TZPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 3, Saint Peters Wharf, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 1TZPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 3, Terrace Level, St. Peters Wharf, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 1TZ, United KingdomRegistered OfficeUnit 3, Terrace Level, St. Peters Wharf, St Peter Wharf, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 1TZ, United Kingdom
                      Last edited by Angry Cat; 17th May 2011, 08:45:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        http://meritforce.co.uk/client-site/

Current Address(es):

Historic Address(es):

How very odd - it wasn't then when I looked earlier today!

You have spotted the error though, haven't you?

Their licence gives their address as being at Mucky Hall HQ, whereas their registered office is in London.

Have you found one for Mucky Hall Debt Purchase Limited, Company No. 06004385? They're doing the same trick with addresses - the CCA licence claims they're at Mucky Hall HQ, yet their entry at Companies House claims they're in London.

Is there some time-space rift or distortion that allows them to be in two places at the same time?

Comment

Licence Number:0607282

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Limited6004385

Categories:

Consumer credit

Issued Date: 08-Dec-2007
                          Expiry Date: 08-Dec-2012

Legal Formation:

Authorised To Receive Documents:

NamePaul Mackenzie

NamePositionPaul Mackenzie

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionJ2 International Ltd4629221

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressAccept Notices/Documents2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 1LA, United KingdomCorrespondenceUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United KingdomRegistered OfficeUnit 1/A, 58, Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, East Ayrshire, KA1 1JG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, KA1 1LA, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of Business2nd Floor, 30, The Foregate, Kilmarnock, KA1 1LA, United KingdomRegistered Office17A, Curzon Street, LONDON, WC1J 5HS, United Kingdom

Many companies have their registered offices with firms such a ******s

Comment

UPDATE ON THE NEW LETTER

I have received this yesterday and knowing what a bunch of pr**** they are, i laugh at each letter. They make it sound like they are already doing something, but in the reality it is another intimidating, cleverly worded letter that should make you believe that you are in trouble and soon you will end up in court. A lot of crap!

Here is one more letter to my collection

"DEFAULT ON FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Application for a County Court Judgment.

We act for MacKenzie Hall Debt Purchases Ltd who as you will be aware acquired the above account from Quick Quid.

Since you have not made payment to the account, we will have no option but to take legal Action against you.

TAKE NOTICE that unless the account is paid in full (still trying to get the money, even though they are still claiming incorrect balance!), or your reasonable proposals for settlement are received within 7 days (I offered them the setllement figure and the guy from Mucky Hall responded by almost laughing in my face!) then legal proceedings shall be issued against you in the County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding. The proceedings will include additional claims for legal costs and interest which will increase the amount that you will be required to pay.

In the event that judgment is obtained against you then it will be entered in a public register, the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines. The details will then be passed to credit reference agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on your financial standing. This will make it difficult for you to get credit.

We will also be instructed to enforce any judgment that is obtained against you. This could result in the court bailiff being instructed under a warrant of execution to seize and sell your goods (I have nothing that belongs to me! All belongs to my boyfriend or landlord, so they can do nothing to me!), or your employer being ordered to make deductions from your salary, or charge being placed on your property to the value of the debt.

Your payment must be sent to our clients address shown below. etc etc etc "

As you can see it is 3rd or 4th letter i have received from them and each time they give me another 7 days to pay off the balance and each time they threaten me with court and other actions. I would actually love to meet them in court and prove to the judge that the balance is incorrect, that i tried to make a reasonable arrangement to pay it off, but I was being ignored, or being treated rudely by the Mucky Hall Customer Service. Considering OFT is already investigating Mucky Hall practise, I would love to see what the judge would say to them about it. ))

Hope that people who are in similar situation will read all those letters and realise that there is nothing to worry about. Do not call them back, do not respond to their letters and do not panic. If it comes to worse and you will have to face them in person, you have amazing lawyers from Legal Beagle who can advice you what to do.

Noushki

Comment

Does any of you heard of FPC? They keep calling and texting me asking to contact them. I suspect Mucky Hall may be behind it.

Comment

yep they are another DCA
                                Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X