• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

restons /hfc want charging order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restons /hfc want charging order

I've just got a court smmons fro restons for a debt I have with HFC. The fact Itook the credit and had the goods isn't in dispute and never has been . The have enclosed a form N379 and are applying for a charging ordr . The debt is £1120 with court costs etc inclded.
    I will be starting work on tuesday for the first timein a years and will be paid on the 7th of may and the7th of June. With the cout case looming on the 9th of june.

I owe £30 in unpaid installments , which I simply have not had .
    Advice as to the best course of action would be greatly appreciated .

I was wondering whether TO make a full and final offer in may for payment on the june payday.
    Tags: None

Re: restons /hfc want charging order

Not something I'm very familiar with, but I do believe that judges are increasingly frowning on those that try to turn unsecured debts into secured debts through the use of charging orders, especially for amounts as small as yours - that will hopefully be in your favour.

In terms of your F&F settlement offer I would think carefully. Don't forget you are going to need money to survive the month. I don't know, nor do I need to know, what you are going to be earning, but you need to ensure you are not left short.

It may be worth your while writing to HFC to inform them of your positive change in circumstances and asking if you can renegotiate a repayment plan with them in order to stop them taking this action. Ensure, as always, that everything is kept in writing as if things do end up in court, I am sure it would be greatly to your favour that you are seen to be offering realistic repayment options and they are the ones turning them down. I can't personally see a judge looking favourably on this.

Comment

Re: restons /hfc want charging order

Thanks for the post this job is actually in addition to my wife's small business which allows us to pay our priority crditors. The money i ern here will add to the income

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X