• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unison (BofS) Mastercard - Monthly Payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unison (BofS) Mastercard - Monthly Payments

Originally posted by NWHC View Post
    Please remember that even if they do send you an agreement or a compliant reconstituted agreement, depending on when the agreement was signed it may still be unenforceable. This may be because it is not correctly executed although I am not totally sure what that entails.
    Even if it is correctly executed it may be that the default notice is defective, do you still have a copy?

There can be many reasons why they will not try to enforce in court

I would keep hold of the letter where they say they do not possess the documents

P.S. How much is the outstanding balance approximately
    The account itself was opened some time ago, so I don't think I have any of the original documentation. I will be keeping the letter from MDR!

The balance is just over £10k.

Comment

Hello @supermac9.
      Well mine went from Westcott on there own then got "sold" to Arrow global who used Westcott requested documents and "proof" just over TWO years later got a letter from Westcott saying they were no longer responsible but with zero balance.( after almost monthly letters saying they were waiting for information from the OC!)
      About three weeks later got another letter from a company calling themselves NMC saying they had changed names and I should continue to pay as "normal" ( not paid anything for just over four years)
      But no indication of balance another round of letter tennis and they alleged I had made a payment in 2013. I strongly suspect that when I returned a cheque from the OC for "stress and inconvenience" this was placed into the disputed account (way back Blair Oliver and done the same with a CCA fee) took it to the Ombudsman.
      Took over a year for them to "side" with Arrow .
      Rejected this in October ast year so just waiting to see what, if any, move they may make.
      Good luck!
      Last edited by dogtired; 3rd February 2016, 14:49:PM. Reason: adding content
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by supermac9 View Post
        The account itself was opened some time ago, so I don't think I have any of the original documentation. I will be keeping the letter from MDR!

The balance is just over £10k.
        If they can produce a signed copy of the agreement it can then be looked at to see if it is correctly executed. If they produce a recon agreement it would then be a case of trying to work out why that is not what you signed originally , even unsigned recons are sometimes improperly executed

In a worst case scenario and they issue a claim it would probably be worth while getting some professional help with the defence , you may well be able to get some no win no fee help. I say this because of the costs element to claims over 10K which can be large. Basically for a claim under 10K there are less risks in chancing your arm with a defence because it is unusual for costs to be awarded against you whereas over 10K you likely to have costs awarded against you
        I wouldn't worry about that just yet though as its a way off

Comment

After a period of relative quiet, my friends at Moorcroft and Lowell have been in touch asking me to 'contact them to discuss my account'. They are also asking an interestingly worded question, which is along the lines of "why do I think that Lowell cant chase me in relation to the debt?".
          As they well know, I have never said anything about them chasing me for payment, only that the absence of any CCA documentation means that it is unenforeceable.
          I'll drop them a line to this effect and see how it goes.

Comment

After a period of relative quiet, my friends at Moorcroft and Lowell have been in touch asking me to 'contact them to discuss my account'. They are also asking an interestingly worded question, which is along the lines of "why do I think that Lowell cant chase me in relation to the debt?".
            As they well know, I have never said anything about them chasing me for payment, only that the absence of any CCA documentation means that it is unenforeceable.
            I'll drop them a line to this effect and see how it goes.
            Pathetic is it not?

Can we see a copy of the letter please after you have removed personal details.

nem

Comment

Hi

In my experience this tends to happen
              they chase you, get no joy, your name goes to the bottom of the list and then at some point it comes to the top again

I recently had a one off phone call from some DCA who left me a message on the answerphone - yeah I really will call you back . Since then not a peep in 6 weeks

Comment

Totally stunned to receive a letter from Moorcroft advising that they have decided to cancel my debt and will advise credit reference agencies accordingly.
                It felt like Christmas and a Birthday rolled into one!

Comment

Quite right too if they know they have no agreement

Comment

Totally stunned to receive a letter from Moorcroft advising that they have decided to cancel my debt and will advise credit reference agencies accordingly.
                    It felt like Christmas and a Birthday rolled into one!
                    Great result!!:whoo:

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X