• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broken Foot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Foot

Ok guys, last night I went out collecting my Avon books and at 5.30 - 6pm I tripped/fell whatever on the pathway, anyway my foot twisted and I felt something tear oh and it bloody hurt big time. I carried on for a few more houses but was unable to go much further as I was in excrutiating pain. Luckily Les had decided to come with me for a walk and to get some fresh air, so he went home, got the car and took me home. The foot was swelling on the side and was hot too touch, so I made an executive decision to visit the local A & E Dept and sit with the great unwashed pmsl.
    Had the usual visit to Triage and then X-ray and saw the very nice doctor who informed me that I had broken my 5th Metatarsal in my right foot. Brilliant I thought - not, anyway the bone is displaced and have been told that I cannot put any weight on the foot at all, (have you tried to move your body weight balancing on crutches and one leg ffs, I fell over 3 times last night) Anyway I am now in a temporary plaster cast and have to go to the fracture clinic on Thursday afternoon for more x-rays and for my proper plaster cast, and also to hear if I have to have an operation to correct the offending broken bone.

Do I have grounds for a claim from the council and the pathway where I fell is in a terrible state and I am sure that it was that, that caused my accident.

sapphire

Re: Broken Foot

Take photo's of the path where it happened Saph. Also a ruler to show how uneven the pavement is.
    No idea about the legalities if it, but if you do have a case the photo's will help.

Hope you're not in too much pain today :kiss:

sally x
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

As Sal says, take photos, loads, every angle, put ruler in the photo so the measurements to show distances. Take photos from your viewpoint as well, Your view as you walked down the street.
      Start writing down everything you can remeber, weather, street lighting, rain, etc. other obstacles etc.
      Keep jotting things down as you go...
      Were there earlier obstructions, had the path been repaired before and not finished properly.
      Knock on house next to path and ask if they know of any other accidents, will they write a statement to that effect.

As soon as the council recieve any indication of a claim against them, that pavement will be repaired faster than ever. (thats from local council experience)

PKea

Comment

Policeis of local councils near me (I know its not much good to you but may help you prepare)

Macclesfield (my council) pay up if you give them evidence of injuries and that the area in which you fell has surfacing problems.

Stockport - accept any claim as notification of surfacing problems and will repair, will not pay out unless there have been previous accidents there and repairs haven't been carried out (so PK's point about knocking on adjacent houses is very wise - strange for pk)

Manchester - make you jump through all sorts of hoops but will pay out inthe end - usually after about 12 months.

Remember - don't accept their fist offer, it will not be what they are prepared to pay, they just hope your daft enough to accept.

Aaawww and I really feel for you xx wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Comment

http://shoetailorcom.drct2u.com/home.jsp

Here you sappy lol a shoe catalog soyou can have a genuine club foot lol:roll:

Comment

Thanks enaid just what I needed msl: do you think they do left foot only ?

sapphire

Comment

that would be a B.O.G.O.F I reckon pmsl
              msl:msl:

Comment

Heres a new avatar for you

Comment

msl:msl:msl: @ PK

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you concerning the disgusting state of the footpaths around our area, and the complete lack of care and repair that your department has not carried out.

On Monday 29th October at 5.45pm I was collecting my Avon books from several customers in Mount Road, Wickford (luckily my partner had decided to come with me for a walk) and just as I was approaching no. 43A I inadvertently stepped into the hole (in the darkness as that part of the road is badly lit) which caused me to trip and my right foot twisted badly, at the time I felt something 'tear' inside my foot. I did try to 'collect' from another couple of houses, but the pain was excrutiating. My partner ran home and got his car and as my foot was swelling very quickly it was decided that I should go straight to Accident and Emergency at Basildon Hospital.

After being sat in A & E for several hours and having X-rays etc the doctors informed me that I have broken my 5th Metartarsal in my Right Foot, I was then put into plaster and told to keep my foot up completely and put no weight on it at all which I am finding increasingly impossible. I am now hobbling about on crutches and am in a great deal of pain, and am not able to do normal everyday things, such as shower, do housework, go to work, drive, go shopping etc etc. In fact I am now completely housebound thank you.

The doctor has also shown me on the x-ray that the bone is displaced and when I go back to the fracture clinic on Friday 2nd November 2007 @ 2.35 pm I will have to go for more x-rays and will then be informed if I will have to undergo an operation to repair the bone which will take months to repair or just (hopefully) another plaster which will have to be on for at least 6 weeks.

My partner has taken several photo's of the area and the offending hole in the pavement, and also taken pictures of my leg in plaster should you require copies of these please do ask for them.

I am writing to you to ask that you make sure that you repair the offending hole in the pavement outside 43A Mount Road, and whilst you are at it, could you please also repair the rest of the pavements in that road, as well as the ones in Adam Way, Mount Close and Mount Way as I am sure that due to your negligence there will be more accidents.

Please take notice that I intend to claim full compensation from yourselves for your complete negligence of keeping up repairs on the pavements in our area which has caused me to have loss of mobility, pain & suffering caused by yourselves, and for time and expenses back and forth to the hospital for treatment etc etc

Yours

sapphire (****ed off and in bloody pain)
                    Last edited by Sapphire; 31st October 2007, 11:20:AM.

Comment

I am writing to you concerning the disgusting state of the footpaths around our area, and the complete lack of care and repair that your department has not shown at all.
                      Double negative!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your injury, get well soon ;-)

Comment

Did you trip on the hole, or slip on loose gravel
                          The latter they may get away with.

Comment

I've edited it how does that sound, Jan and PK.

Thanks for your good wishes Stevo hun xxxxxxxxxx

sapphire

Comment

and the complete lack of care and repair that your department has not carried out.
                              replace with something along the lines of

the failure to maintain to a roadworthy standard in accordance with [regulations]
                              im trying to find the regs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X