• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damaged Freezer - Currys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Freezer - Currys

recently purchased an american fridge/freezer from Currys. On delivery the guys managed to drop the item causing scratching and dents to about 25 inch of one of the sides.
    The damage was entered on the delivery note and was told that someone will be in contact.
    I confirmed the damage immediately to Currys via e mail.
    Today i had a phone call asking if i wanted discount or replacement. they offered £45 (I may have accepted £150) so told them that i would have a replacement item.
    I pointed out to them that as the fridge and freezer are full of food I would need them to deliver the new fridge/freezer and then to collect the damaged item once i had transferred the food across i.e. deliver replacement in morning and collect damaged late afternoon.
    They appear not to grasp the need to keep frozen food frozen or chilled food chilled, and say that they cannot deliver and leave without the damaged item. What happens to the fozen/chilled food is my problem and not theres!
    Tags: None

Re: Damaged Freezer - Currys

I don't know the answer to this. There is the argument that if the freezer was damaged aand you knew it was likely to be replaced it was ill advised to fill it with food.

You may find your house insurance covers it.

Comment

The deliveries are onthe same day surely the best thing to do is take everyting out and wap welll in newspaper and lankets jut before the men form cury's arive . Thenyouyou cando a quick transfer in of he food . Leave the damaged fridge in he gadenfor a few hous just cover it to ep the rain off hen curry's can collect from there.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
        The deliveries are onthe same day surely the best thing to do is take everyting out and wap welll in newspaper and lankets jut before the men form cury's arive . Thenyouyou cando a quick transfer in of he food . Leave the damaged fridge in he gadenfor a few hous just cover it to ep the rain off hen curry's can collect from there.
        This would work, or alternatively, simply wait unti the new one arrives and then transfer the food over then and there. A fridge freezer is a very well insulated box. Food that is already frozen will remain frozen for the length of time it takes for the new on to reach the correct temperature.

Comment

My LG american style fridge/freezer was at the right temp in just 4 hrs.
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

they'll only deliver on a 'thawsday'

Comment

Not a sun day?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Not a sun day?
                don't give them an icy stare and they just might

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X