• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Throssel v Leeds City Council??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throssel v Leeds City Council??

I am in the midst of fighting some charges from Jacobs. I am argueing charges they have made for 4 liaibility orders they held against me. They visited my home on 1 occasion and have charged me 4 first visit fees. I wrote to the quoting Throssel v Leeds and they have responded with the below:

With reference to the Throssel V Leeds City Council case you refer to the comments do NOT relate to statutory fees i.e £24.50 first visit, Schedule 5 Header H, walking possession or levy fees. They relate to enforcement charges. It means the Bailiff cannot charge multiple fees is only one visit is made in relation to the “reasonable fee” element of Schedule 5 – ie if multiple Liability Orders are called upon at the same time the Bailiff should only charge 1 set of fees. This is exactly what we do at the Enforcement Stage “For one attendance with a vehicle with a view to the removal of goods (where following the levy, goods are not removed)”, therefore your reliance on this case is not relevant to this matter.

Any thoughts on how to respond, I was thinking if they only quoted 1 reference number on the paperwork they left, do they not have to prove the visited for all the orders?? What is the deal with the above?? any advice appreciated!!
    Last edited by trlnurse; 28th March 2011, 21:38:PM. Reason: fonts
    Tags: None

Re: Throssel v Leeds City Council??

The only fees a bailiff can charge are the statutory fees. To charge anything else is fraud.

Straws and clutching spring to mind.

Have you researched the fraud element?

Comment

I've quoted fraud at them, and they have reimbursed some of the fees they took from me, but they will not budge on this mutiple fee charge, even convinced the council, its legal. Don't know how to proceed??

Comment

Send them a Letter Before Action for the fees and if they don't refund you, follow it up with an N1.

Let them explain themselves in court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X