• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem paying vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem paying vodafone

Hi I really need some advice on what to do next.i have a contract with vodafone and am currently out of work I just about paid last months bill in 2 installments as I cancelled my direct debit.when I paid last week I was told I have to pay the latest bill by the 17 march I said I cannot afford to pay it all but said I can pay something they said if you give tell them you promise to pay you should be ok! I dont believe this at all I explained that if I get cut of my chances of work are gone I am an electrician who relies on this number i.e agencies companys etc any held on what to do will be truly appreciated as I cannot afford to lose this number. If so Can I get a pay as u go sim and change the number to this one if I get a different network help
    Tags: None

Re: Problem paying vodafone

yep----google "keeping same number"

might take 10 days it says in one of the links

Comment

not sure what link to look at.what is the best way to come to some arrangement with them if i cant pay it all? i could really do without being cut of and then they passs it on to a debt agency i assume i can pay a little bit to try and keep it on any one else been in this situation any advice will be grateful

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer 1 View Post
        not sure what link to look at.what is the best way to come to some arrangement with them if i cant pay it all? i could really do without being cut of and then they passs it on to a debt agency i assume i can pay a little bit to try and keep it on any one else been in this situation any advice will be grateful
        not sure myself---I'll bump it for you

Comment

Hi Jimmer 1,

I also had financial difficulties paying a monthly Tariff (Orange). Ask your servive provider if you can cash into your mobile account. If ever I even had a spare fiver I used to go into the local Orange shop and pay it into my Orange account. In effect when the monthly bill was due to be paid there was always some money in the account. It just means I had a 'Head Start' on each monthly payment. I suffered a 90% drop in income and still managed to keep my mobile. It's not easy but it's totally doable! Check your Bills with a fine toothcomb: I noted that they were charging £2.50 each (non direct debt penalty) for phone and dongle! Fought it out with them and won as I pointed out to them they were actually getting my money 'up front' so they had no justification for what in effect were penalties!! I know it's only a little bit of a saving but when the **** hits the every single penny counts. Good luck. Pos

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer 1 View Post
            Hi I really need some advice on what to do next.i have a contract with vodafone and am currently out of work I just about paid last months bill in 2 installments as I cancelled my direct debit.when I paid last week I was told I have to pay the latest bill by the 17 march I said I cannot afford to pay it all but said I can pay something they said if you give tell them you promise to pay you should be ok! I dont believe this at all I explained that if I get cut of my chances of work are gone I am an electrician who relies on this number i.e agencies companys etc any held on what to do will be truly appreciated as I cannot afford to lose this number. If so Can I get a pay as u go sim and change the number to this one if I get a different network help
            Hi jimmer 1,

I can certainly appreciate the concerns you've raised here and can see that you're trying your best to keep us informed about your current situation.

As such, I'm happy to take a closer look at your case if you could email your details across to me via the Contact us form on our website here quoting the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To enable me to make sure it reaches the Web Relations Team could you update the thread with this and I'll come back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
            Last edited by Vodafone Company Rep; 16th March 2011, 14:24:PM. Reason: Editing link
            I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Hello Lee,

Thanks for offering to assist Jimmer in this matter, it is up to him if he wishes to follow up with you.

Please could you check the link you have provided in your post though as it just links back to this thread !!

Also whilst you are here maybe you would like to take the opportunity to advise as to what sort of help is generally available from Vodafone for people in this sort of situation.

To me that would be a lot more helpful than simply suggesting that people in similar situations contact you direct.

Rgds Budgie

Comment

Hi Budgie,

Thanks for letting me know about the link so I could get it corrected.

I absolutely agreed that it's at Jimmer's discretion as to whether or not he wishes to follow up on his concerns with us.

From a general perspective we can give consideration to short term instalment plans which are intended to assist customers with bringing their accounts up to date in a way which is mutually manageable.

This said, there isn't one solution which suits everyone and so we would need to review each case on it's individual merits to determine the most appropriate way forward for the customer.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
                  Hi Budgie,

Thanks for letting me know about the link so I could get it corrected.

I absolutely agreed that it's at Jimmer's discretion as to whether or not he wishes to follow up on his concerns with us.

From a general perspective we can give consideration to short term instalment plans which are intended to assist customers with bringing their accounts up to date in a way which is mutually manageable.

This said, there isn't one solution which suits everyone and so we would need to review each case on it's individual merits to determine the most appropriate way forward for the customer.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
                  Slightly off topic but Libby Pritchard responded to myself last year with regards to the issue of financial hardship by stating this:

"We try to understand our customers' individual situations and match these with appropriate arrangements, rather than applying a "one size fits all" solution. We have developed a variety of solutions which can be tailored to specific customers' needs and these include extended payment arrangements, payment holidays and in extreme cases, reducing the size of the bill. This approach also allows us to take a longer term view when agreeing next steps and also helps to prevent the situation reoccurring in the future.

We urge customers who are facing problems with their bill to contact us as soon as possible."

I'm fairly certain that I have quoted it on the forum but I assume that what she emailed me last year is still the case with Vodafone?
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi leclerc,

The guidance you've quoted is absolutely still the case with us.

My offer of assistance was mainly in recognition that Jimmer appeared to have encountered difficulties coming to an arrangement with us which was suitable to his current circumstances.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Comment

I came to an agreement with Vodafone and yet they still sent me to a debt collector and have misled me on the phone at every turn saying they can help if I agree to this that and the other then just tell me there is nothing they can do be wary of what they promise you

Comment

Hi terenx,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had the best of experiences with us.

If you still need with your account, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X