• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Total Refund Ltd/ Cancel Your Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Refund Ltd/ Cancel Your Loan

This firms business direction is very limited, sole purpose is sales motivated and money grabbing. Staff briefed and re-briefed before every session after every break. The management ensure sales staff have no contact again with existing customers ensuring they are transferrred to customer services in a very unhelpful manner.

Internally declared Revenue in just December 2010 was over 325K just before Christmas, does this now seem so small when we look at the bigger picture.

Sales staff rewarded greatly without second thought of the customers who are knowingly defrauded when the small print of the contracts sent out do not hold this firm liable for innacurate imformation provided by staff, and customers are not made aware of certain products which once paid for are not refundable.

Funnilly enough, Abdul Kauser seems to be trying his luck with staff aswell as looking at my payslips I realise he had me on PAYE tax? and on some months I appear to have only made very minimal tax & N.I contributions- even as low as 33p! Possible tax evasion, but Abdul is very friendly with alot of solicitors.

Highly incentivised environment designed to get as much money as possible for staff and directors but little thought given to those trampled over daily.

The sales techniques involve cold calling and finding eligible customers, i.e credit cards/ loans/ hp taken pre April 2007 with balance greater than £1000 owing to lender, in conversation find out available limit- if card is maxed conversation ends, if their is sufficcient to sell products then sell benefits to pottential customers and then try close sale. Other services provided (or not very well) are reclaiming PPi, interest & charges, Mortgage audits and now are expanding their lucrative trade to also purchasing old gold at prices paid which are way lower than a jeweller or high street pawnbroker.

Other Failed attempts- campaign with Gregson & Brooke for debt management/ callapsed again in Sep-tember 2010 as second attempt.

We as a nation should boycott this company and ensure we do whatever we can to get them to close!!!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Total Refund Ltd/ Cancel Your Loan

Thankyou Angry.... for your post, you have just confirmed what we have all been saying now for ages on how these companies opperate.

As far as you tax goes, please phone up the Inland Revenue on Monday morning and advise them about your pay and tax and NI deducted, as that seems very fishy and being friends with Solicitors will not help him if the Inland Revenue get hold of him for fraud, if this is what he has done, as if he did it with you he would have done it with loads of others. Money Laundering springs to mind.

If the Turnover was £325k they should have been VAT registered as well?

Another Claims Management Company once posted and told peeps that I was a disgruntled employee because I could see through them and did not like what I saw and helped people to get the return of their money.

The one thing I would love is to see these sort of CMC's taken out of bisuiness for good. The MOJ do not regulate these companies properly and give out authorisations willy nilly. At the end of the day the MOJ get a fee for the authorisation plus they get a percentage of the profits. So they are in a win win situation.

We hardly hear of any good coming from these companies and I would like to see them all closed tbvh.

They take upfront fees, tell people they can get back large amounts of money and it just ain't true. They take huge fees and do not provide the service which they charge for.

Shame on the MOJ and the Government for allowing these companies to exist.

Having said that I am sure there are some genuine companies out there, but how to find them and who they are goodness knows but this company does not sound one of them.

Comment

Angry, have a look at this thread :

re Total Refunds Ltd/Cancel your Loan.
      http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...G3cOxGGQbHdheQ

There was someone called Toni who was helping them with compliance and was helping folk on here at one time helping to get refunds of the fees and I don't suppose she lasted very long?

Comment

Really pleased this thread has picked up some hits, can everyone reading just let ppl know to avoid this company.

& @ Tuttsi, Thanx, will chek that out. And I started in September '10 and left January '11 and there was no Tony on compliance.
        The company utilitises alot of temporary staff through agencies so staff turnaround alot.

I personally think that customers dont stand much chance of a refund as I'm still waiting for wages that were owed for 2 months ago!
        Initially when I started with this firm they had scoured cv's from cv library online and recruited ex collections staff and called us in on the belief the role was debt Collection/ Credit Control/ two days into training we all realised we wont be doing collections but selling something similar to debt management. From the off I knew this company was not right...

Comment

Hi Angry

What have you done about getting your wages paid so far?

Is there a reason that you know of which is why they have not paid you?

You say it was from 2 months ago.....if you have not already done so, write a letter before legal action allowing them 7 days to pay the outstanding money they owe you in full. If they have not paid by then, you will then have to take a Money Claim on Line to recover what is rightfully due to you.

You go girl....

Originally posted by angry ex-employee View Post
          Really pleased this thread has picked up some hits, can everyone reading just let ppl know to avoid this company.

& @ Tuttsi, Thanx, will chek that out. And I started in September '10 and left January '11 and there was no Tony on compliance.
          The company utilitises alot of temporary staff through agencies so staff turnaround alot.

I personally think that customers dont stand much chance of a refund as I'm still waiting for wages that were owed for 2 months ago!
          Initially when I started with this firm they had scoured cv's from cv library online and recruited ex collections staff and called us in on the belief the role was debt Collection/ Credit Control/ two days into training we all realised we wont be doing collections but selling something similar to debt management. From the off I knew this company was not right...

Comment

Cancel your loan is not authorised by the MOJ, Total Refund Ltd apparently hold the licence but staff are always told not to mention the MoJ, but we were always told to say we were regulated by the OFT, which is nothing major as they even regulate market traders!
            But the company dont really mind which alias of the company you use, some staff even say they are calling from Ocean.
            Thats not the half of it, asian staff member are increasingly told to use English names as they feel they will get better results, made me laugh, acting as were in an Indian call centre even though i'm asian myself.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Spoke to their Hr Dept who just blatently tell me something different evrytime.

So frustated thinking its only about £200 but nt worth the hassle.

Now I know what public feel who have been scammed & then have to call 0844 number at an increased rate.

And in nt a girl, Lol...
            Last edited by angry ex-employee; 6th March 2011, 18:07:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

@ Tuttsi, I will try that & keep posted. Nice1

Comment

Total Refund Ltd is authorised by the MOJ they have been authorised since 25/7/2007. If you type in on the MOJ web site Cancel Your Loan it does come up with Total Refund Ltd.
                Total Refund Ltd Address: 205 Fairgate House
                Kings Road Town/City: Birmingham Postcode: B11 2AA County: West Midlands

Trading Names: No Trading Names Sector: Financial products/services Authorisation Number: CRM4579
                Originally posted by angry ex-employee View Post
                Cancel your loan is not authorised by the MOJ, Total Refund Ltd apparently hold the licence but staff are always told not to mention the MoJ, but we were always told to say we were regulated by the OFT, which is nothing major as they even regulate market traders!
                But the company dont really mind which alias of the company you use, some staff even say they are calling from Ocean.
                Thats not the half of it, asian staff member are increasingly told to use English names as they feel they will get better results, made me laugh, acting as were in an Indian call centre even though i'm asian myself.
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Spoke to their Hr Dept who just blatently tell me something different evrytime. You are so entitled to your money which you earnt and would suggest that you do claim this from them. Why should you be the looser hun and they would have then have scammed you.

So frustated thinking its only about £200 but nt worth the hassle.

Now I know what public feel who have been scammed & then have to call 0844 number at an increased rate.

And in nt a girl, Lol...
                My apologies for the assumption.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X