• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed regarding DCA letter for non payment of Property Management Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed regarding DCA letter for non payment of Property Management Charge

Hi, I've just been treated exactly the same way as you. I received a letter from PDC for late payment to RMG, but never received any reminders or invoices from RMG. What was the outcome of your issue?

Comment

Re: Advice needed regarding DCA letter for non payment of Property Management Charge

Hi, I have just had the same treatment from RMG/PDC just wondering if anyone has had any success?

Comment

Originally posted by tooley73 View Post
        Hi, I have just had the same treatment from RMG/PDC just wondering if anyone has had any success?
        What have you decided to do about it? I've written to them several times and sent a cheque each time for the actual amount required to maintain the development without the uplifted demand. They've sent the cheque back each time. This time I'm going to suggest they take me to court as there seems to be sufficient amounts of disgruntled people being treated the same way. If you want to discuss, my number isXXXXXXX
        Last edited by Celestine; 25th March 2013, 15:11:PM. Reason: phone number removed

Comment

Originally posted by bigalafornication View Post
          I have just had a look at the charge the Managemet company is trying to screw me for which makes up the remainder of the additional charge, £18 Land Registry and £42 Admin fee!
          I got the same problems, i have trying contact RMG many times, but they keep saying that is the charges and they will not remove them. No idea why RMG levy us with that charges if into the breack down on the service charge it self, the administrations fees are included. I found a some open group about RMG, looks like some other people are not happy with them as well. I think we should take them to court and all of us must keep reporting them. The link is here:
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/RMG-L...78554855511083

Hi again, i now contacted WATCHDOGS TV show about RMG Living, please do as well, we must find someone who can resolve this problem. I have also contact Consumer Direct.
          Last edited by Veny74; 24th May 2013, 11:17:AM. Reason: link changin

Comment

Originally posted by Veny74 View Post
            I got the same problems, i have trying contact RMG many times, but they keep saying that is the charges and they will not remove them. No idea why RMG levy us with that charges if into the breack down on the service charge it self, the administrations fees are included. I found a some open group about RMG, looks like some other people are not happy with them as well. I think we should take them to court and all of us must keep reporting them. The link is here:
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/RMG-L...78554855511083

Hi again, i now contacted WATCHDOGS TV show about RMG Living, please do as well, we must find someone who can resolve this problem. I have also contact Consumer Direct.
            Hi

well I have just joined the forum & I can report that we have been fighting RMG for the last four years or so, what a complete set of @*%(&^@(*%*£

Words fail me for once! And if you actually knew me you would be surprised.

We have 5 apartments situated in Perthshire Grove & 1 apartment @ Guernsey Aveneue & whilst I have no issue with the build quality I would never ever ever buy another property when there is a property management company named RMG involved.

In my opinion they with the developer have stitched us all up & it's time to fight back............

Come on owners lets sack them........we need to mobilize the troops....apathy is what RMG rely upon!!!

We have withheld payment against them for the last two years as they are not maintaining our investment [we have quoted the housing act], for example: stickers still on velux lights on a 6 year development.....come on, who is supposed to be cleaning them.

As for our alleged property manager Miss Twittey, well I can say that she signed a witness statement last year prior to our court appearance confirming that all maintenance issues had been dealt with!

Suffice to say that once we submitted further photographic evidence to the court [the barrister most likely advised RMG that their case was not as water tight as they would have liked] & we actually agreed before entering court to pay our service charges SUBJECT TO MEETING WITH MISS TWITTEY, IDENTIFYING OUR CONCERNS & RMG ADDRESSING THESE. She met my colleague once & they still have not addressed several issues raised, yet they expect us to pay their fees....................

To give an example of their service [well thats a complete joke] we reported that the door entry system wasn't working in one of the apartments January 2013, RMG responded by telling us that they would attend to the fault & if the fault was to our apartment they would then charge us accordingly.

Not what I would in initially expect from a management company who I was paying in excess of £1000/year.

So we instructed our own electrician to attend the apartment, purchased a replacement handset [at our cost] to ensure the fault was not within our unit [on another issue I would argue that the door entry system should be covered under our maintenance contract] and we confirmed that the fault was outside the apartment.

Bearing in mind these apartments are let on AST's to our tenants who are paying a substantial rental we expect service from our alleged provider.... yet they are useless, apparently they sub let this work to a company called Rowland maintenance [I wonder are they affiliated to RMG?] who allegedly attempted to contact our tenant. How I do not know, perhaps they tried the intercom system [think about the fault!].

I acknowledge that I didn't give this issue the attention it should have deserved, but hang on, I don't get paid to manage the site, RMG do.

I chased up several times over the following months, August 2013 [yes 8 months later!] & Miss Twittey confirmed that contractors had been appointed. That should have finally resolved the issue.

Oh I wish!!!

But no it would seem that Rowland Maintenance had attempted on several occasions to contact our tenant to agree a convenient time to attend the apartment, how they attempted to contact my tenant is disputed, they allegedly left voice mails for her....she was not to pleased when this allegation was presented & I have to say that our communication with her has never been an issue.

I have invoiced RMG £300 for the emails & time which I have spent chasing them up, they do not seem to be aware of the financial implications if my tenant chose to either withhold her rent or indeed vacate the property. This is what they are actually supposed to do isn't it?

Finally Rowland maintenance attended the apartment early November, some 11 months after it was first reported & confirmed that there was indeed a fault to the external voice box, which they then had to order a replacement component.....yet more time delay.....I believe this was fitted this week [w/ending 15th November 2013].

I have just received an email from Miss Twittey chasing up & threatening legal action if we do not pay our arrears as she is adamant that they have met their obligations....what a load of b******s!

I guess we are going to court again!

So the question I pose to you all is this: do you want to continue getting ripped off or tell RMG to get s@@@@@d!

Your call.....I will lead, no problem!

BTW I did a search on RMG a while back & it would seem that there are 4 directors, the company turned over around £24m & made a net profit circa £20m [this is from memory I may be a bit out, but certainly it was a huge net profit after expenses].

And I can confirm that it would appear that PDC is linked to the directors of RMG along with the Insurance side, all in all a nice little earner as Arthur Daley would have said.

So what do you want to do, I for one have had enough of getting ripped off with crap service & getting charged extortunate fees, we do not need to accept these, but we need to act as one & we can defeat these scammers.

Let me know what you want to do, come on lets fight back, after all it's our investment..

Best regards

Michael Bury

Comment

Hi All,

I have had a read through all the posts on this thread; I am having the same issues with RMG living and PDC demanding additional legal/admin fees etc on top of the service charge (I have no issue paying the service charge). Was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with their intended/ongoing actions, and whether any further actions are being taken forward, to which I can lend my help.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by TimA226 View Post
                What have you decided to do about it? I've written to them several times and sent a cheque each time for the actual amount required to maintain the development without the uplifted demand. They've sent the cheque back each time. This time I'm going to suggest they take me to court as there seems to be sufficient amounts of disgruntled people being treated the same way. If you want to discuss, my number isXXXXXXX
                Hi We are currently in a similar position. To cut it short we have paid RMG up to the end of June 2015 for property maintenance. We disputed the invoice they sent to us in February 2015 as they had increased their charges by 30%. We asked to see the accounts which they said they would send in July when they were ready. So we said to them we would pay three months straight away and then three months again in April. Then when we had sight of the accounts and our accountant could check them, we would pay July to December. We have no problem at all paying RMG, we are professional people in business with no debt. We received in June a demand for £700 plus as they had passed our file to a debt collect agency. We wrote several letters to them and the debt collection agency. RMG would not answer our letters and the debt collection agency insist we pay their charges of £192 plus and RMG charges for late payment. We have now written to RMG Managing Director and sent the letter registered giving them 10 days to reply to us or we will go to the Ombudsman etc. If we have to fly to England and go to Court we will.
                RMG accepted our two payments and issued us receipts in February and April. They never wrote to say we could not pay this way and we have never had a reminder or warning it would go to a debt collect agency. Did you have any luck? Do you know of anyone else who could give us any help who dealt with RMG? We have put a new post on this forum but all the threads were back in 2013 and we cannot see anything up to date about RMG. We can send you our email.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert R View Post
                  Hi We are currently in a similar position. To cut it short we have paid RMG up to the end of June 2015 for property maintenance. We disputed the invoice they sent to us in February 2015 as they had increased their charges by 30%. We asked to see the accounts which they said they would send in July when they were ready. So we said to them we would pay three months straight away and then three months again in April. Then when we had sight of the accounts and our accountant could check them, we would pay July to December. We have no problem at all paying RMG, we are professional people in business with no debt. We received in June a demand for £700 plus as they had passed our file to a debt collect agency. We wrote several letters to them and the debt collection agency. RMG would not answer our letters and the debt collection agency insist we pay their charges of £192 plus and RMG charges for late payment. We have now written to RMG Managing Director and sent the letter registered giving them 10 days to reply to us or we will go to the Ombudsman etc. If we have to fly to England and go to Court we will.
                  RMG accepted our two payments and issued us receipts in February and April. They never wrote to say we could not pay this way and we have never had a reminder or warning it would go to a debt collect agency. Did you have any luck? Do you know of anyone else who could give us any help who dealt with RMG? We have put a new post on this forum but all the threads were back in 2013 and we cannot see anything up to date about RMG. We can send you our email.
                  Hi welcome to LB,
                  Is this purely the July to December 2015 payments (£700) that have been referred to a debt collection agency?

You will have to check your service agreement to see if " collection charges" are to be added to any outstanding
                  debt. The same applies to the " late payment charges" they may form part of the agreement but must still be reasonable.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi welcome to LB,
                  Is this purely the July to December 2015 payments (£700) that have been referred to a debt collection agency?

You will have to check your service agreement to see if " collection charges" are to be added to any outstanding
                  debt. The same applies to the " late payment charges" they may form part of the agreement but must still be reasonable.

nem

Comment

They issued us receipts for two payments to take us to the end of June. We should have then paid July to Dec £409.25. They now want a legal fee of 192.00 plus other fees of £24, £25, £21.00 and £48 totaling £310.00 on top of the balance we owed them. So now PDC are asking for £719.25.

Comment

They issued us receipts for two payments to take us to the end of June. We should have then paid July to Dec £409.25. They now want a legal fee of 192.00 plus other fees of £24, £25, £21.00 and £48 totaling £310.00 on top of the balance we owed them. So now PDC are asking for £719.25.
                      Hi,

Past Due Collections have this nasty habit of adding their quite high charges to accounts assigned to them for collection, many
                      people have I know in the past paid the creditor the basic amount outstanding and ignored PDC completely, as far as I'm aware at present PDC has threatened all sorts of " collection activity" just short of the world falling in on alleged debtor regarding their unpaid fees,. I don't know of any court action successful or otherwise regarding these fees.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        Hi,

Past Due Collections have this nasty habit of adding their quite high charges to accounts assigned to them for collection, many
                        people have I know in the past paid the creditor the basic amount outstanding and ignored PDC completely, as far as I'm aware at present PDC has threatened all sorts of " collection activity" just short of the world falling in on alleged debtor regarding their unpaid fees,. I don't know of any court action successful or otherwise regarding these fees.

nem
                        Reading the many letters on this forum about RMG and PDC - it seems when they have sent a cheque to RMG to try and pay the true balance, then RMG have just returned the cheque as they have closed their account. Our account is closed and we cannot get them to speak to us. It is cut throat, they say we must deal with PDC only and pay them. We are waiting for a reply to our letter we have sent registered to the Managing Director of RMG.

Comment

People dealing with RMG have had their cheques returned to them when they have tried to pay. RMG have closed our account and will not deal with us they only want us to pay the debt collection place which we are not going to do. There were many people on this forum in 2012/2013/14 who were hing similar problems. There must be people now having problems with RMG I wish I knew if anyone hd taken them to Court

Comment

Hi,
                            I would suggest contacting Citizens Advice who will help you compose a letter of complaint which you have to send to the DCA, attaching any correspondence you have had with RMG, in support of the dispute you have with them, and all receipts showing payment up to the end of June.
                            You can also ask the DCA to place your file on hold for 30 days whilst you contact CAB.
                            It is not RMG you have to correspond with but the DCA and not by telephone, always via email where a record can be kept. The letter of complaint can be copied to the Management Agent as well if you wish. Be clear to state you are happy to go to mediation over this issue but will take it to the relevant Ombudsman Services if required.
                            Then if you have no joy you can always go to the free services offered by the Financial Ombudsman Services concerning the DCA's conduct and the Property Ombudsman Services concerning the Management Agent.

Comment

I too have had some frustrating dealings with RMG. My wife and I own a buy-to-let property which RMG took over the management of from the previous property management company. Everything was fine under the previous management. We paid by direct debit every month, no issues. When RMG took over they did not write to us to tell us nor did the previous company. The first we knew about it was when the property was empty between tenants and we received a letter from them (not sent to our correspondence address - just sent to the property address) saying payment was overdue and they had added two reminder fees of £24 each. When I checked my bank statement I noticed the direct debit had not been going out since the management company switched (turns out the previous management company had cancelled it). I hadn't spotted the missing payments. I rang RMG to complain about these reminder fees being unfair given they had not been sending correspondence to my correspondence address. They claimed the previous company didn't have a correspondence address for us (which is nonsense). I offered to set up a direct debit there and then but was advised to clear the full outstanding amount first. I immediately paid RMG the arrears (but not the reminder fees) and i e-mailed them to tell me i had made a payment, to remind them of my correspondence address and to say I was still contesting the reminder fees. I received no reply to my last e-mail and today I have received a letter from them (this is the first letter i've ever received from them at my correspondence address) saying I have just incurred a further £25 reminder fee with threats of further debt collection fees if I don't pay immediately. This company is so heavy handed and disreputable in the way it operates. I just wanted to add details of my bad experience with them (having googled "RMG reminder fee" I can see I'm definitely not alone in my utter frustration at dealing with this company).
                              Last edited by Seadog; 4th September 2015, 13:05:PM. Reason: first time I've posted

Comment

There is defiantly a pattern to the way this company operate, my wife and I are currently being pursued for "charges" resulting from a late payment, the charges are now much more than the late payment and so are totally unreasonable. After seeing this forum and a couple of others I am convinced this is a rogue company making huge profits from frightening people into paying highly questionable charges. The question is how can we get this companies methods investigated, stopped and ultimately have people who have already paid refunded?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X