• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Taking me to Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Taking me to Court

Hi EVeryone, would anyone be able to offer advice on my situation below
    Recieved call from Cabot in october they had not recieved my £8 agreed payment for 3 months on a loan I took out with Abbey pre 2003. I asked them to call me back giving me chance to check with santander who had taken over my accounts from alliance and leicester.They had cocked up, along with other d/d.Cabot didnt call me back so I wrote explaining the situation and asked them to recontact me so I could restart the d/d.I also requested a true copy of my credit agreement and an upto date statement of my account.I then recieved a threatening court action lettr from Cabot but a total blank on the info i had requested.Then I recieved a threatening court action letter from Morgan Solicitors who I emailed back them
    1) we had not recieved notice of assignment therefore could they provide this
    2) we asked for them to supply TRUE COPY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDIT AGREEMENT
    3) We asked how they had arrived at the current balance they were quoting
    4) we asked what evedience Cabot had supplied them to substantiate the claim
    I recieved a complimentry slip back from Morgans with an attached screenprint showing a balance of £7144. as at 24/11 2008 and then showing payments made untill june 2010,But nothing else.In Jan 2011 we recieved county court papers issued by Morgans and I have recieved on feb 23 a notice a defence has been filed letterNotice of transfer proceedings and an allocation questionaire.Dont know how to fill this in or how to proceed
    Anyone any thoughts
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Taking me to Court

If you click on the debts thread, go to General Debts and have a read of what Curlyben has to say on there. You amy find it quite informative.

Comment

Re: Cabot Taking me to Court

Hi Teeder

First off DO NOT talk to these people on the phone, insist that you do everything in writing only and keep copies of everything.
      Next have a read of Curly's excellent guide Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
      If you have any questions after that then please do give a shout.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X