• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leaving The UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving The UK

Hi all

I shall be leaving the UK in aprox 12 months time for a new life in SE Asia but I have a pension that will be paid into my UK bank account and for which I can use the bank's debit card where I am going. I have no intentions of ever returning to this country as it has become the gutter of Europe.

If things get so bad here that I am not able to clear all my debts (of which I intend to do so) before I leave and the home is not sold in time can anyone freeze my bank account as my pension is my income in my new start??
    Tags: None

Re: Leaving The UK

whatever you do, don't burn your bridges as you might not find the grass all that greener after the initial 6 months overseas, good buddy. Been there and have the badge.

keep up your repayments here until you have been abroad for at least 18 months mate, just in case.

Comment

Put your pension payments into a different account at another Bank not of the same group as the one you Bank with now, when I am in s.e. asia I use debit card of Pension payments Bank, . for local use. Make sure another Bank is not tied up with your Main Bank, leave options open regarding returning here as we hear so much comment as Debt Star points out.

I have even seen people approach me stating E.U national and have been dumped there what can they do, so leave your options open.

Comment

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. My appologies for not returning earlier but I have been tied up firefighting the mess that my ex partner left me in.

And to be hones there is no chance of a return to the UK once I have gone. I have been to where I wish to move along with my future wife who lives there.

I dont think my pension fund will pay into International Bank Accounts so it looks like I will have to silently find a nondescript, unknown bank who issues debit cards. In a few years time I can also claim the UK government pension so I am really looking to find something to get a foothold with.

Thanks for the info

Comment

You don't necessarily need a debit card, just a cashpoint card may suffice. My LTSB account is only a "savings" account but it has the "Cirrus" emblem which means I can use it to withdraw abroad. Although I've only ever used it in Europe, not sure if SE Asia has cahspoints which display the Cirrus logo.
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X