• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MOJ to consult on CMCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOJ to consult on CMCs

It looks like the MOJ are to consult on proposals to ''tackle the growing concern about practices adopted by Claims Management Companies'', according to a response by the BBA - attached - to an MOJ consultation CP19/10.

>Broken Link<

Although the consultation paper to which the BBA responded doesn't really concern the financial services industry as it deals with an issue which is largely specific to the personal injury sector, the BBA obviously took the opportunity to make their views on CMCs known.
    Last edited by Tools; 30th November 2014, 21:22:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: MOJ to consult on CMCs

Not only does escalation to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) mean firms are unfairly charged a FOS case fee but it also places unnecessary pressure on both the firm and the FOS’s limited resources
    Love it since when has the FOS case fees been unfair lol
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Must admit for once I do agree with a lot of what the BBA are proposing in there response.

Although I did notice they took the opportunity to have a dig at the FOS FEES the financial industry have to pay.

But it could also be said if the financial industry did there job properly in the first place in dealing with consumers complaints consumers would be happy with the banks and thus there would not be such a big problem with CMC's
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Must admit for once I do agree with a lot of what the BBA are proposing in there response.
        Indeed, even though as you say some of what the BBA say is inescapably ironic ie ''Not only does escalation to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) mean firms are unfairly charged a FOS case fee but it also places unnecessary pressure on both the firm and the FOS’s limited resources.''

Comment

It is about time that both the CMC's and the MOJ were looked in to tbvh.

The MOJ allow even after they have had many complaints do absolutely nothing and have no backbone in dealing efficiently with complaints imho.

Only last week we had a call from an Indian Call centre advising me that my hubby had had an accident and wanted to take up his case.....

At the 4th call, I told them he had not had an accident and if they called again it was harrassment. Each time they ended the conversation by them hanging up on me.

I am sure they will ring again hoping not to get me and speak to my o/h.....

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          It looks like the MOJ are to consult on proposals to ''tackle the growing concern about practices adopted by Claims Management Companies'', according to a response by the BBA - attached - to an MOJ consultation CP19/10.

Broken Link

Although the consultation paper to which the BBA responded doesn't really concern the financial services industry as it deals with an issue which is largely specific to the personal injury sector, the BBA obviously took the opportunity to make their views on CMCs known.
          Last edited by Tools; 30th November 2014, 21:21:PM.

Comment

Well there you Tuts, why don't you reply to the consultation when opens?

Comment

Just let me know when and I will respond.....

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              Well there you Tuts, why don't you reply to the consultation when opens?

Comment

Okey doke.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X