• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiff charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiff charges

hi everyone.
    advise needed if anyone can help.
    Marston have a removal of goods warrant for non payment of fines.agreed to pay balance of £350 by end of feb, however he wants £275 in costs. £75 admin and £200 for visiting my home. however i was speaking to an ex bailiff and he said bailiff shouldnt be charging an attendace fee until the have been 3 times and a levy on goods been taken. debt org states bailliff fees to be 10% of first £100 and % for remaining balance up to £250. according to debt org bailliff charges should be £30. if i pay the fine and the lesser bailiffs charges what can the bailiff do and also do you not have 180 dayds to pay a distress warrant. thanks for your help. :tung:
    Tags: None

Re: bailiff charges

This gives a detailed guide of fees:

Information Thread - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

thanks for that link. there are no fees quoted for magistrates fines.only staes" reasonable". i dont think £275 for a £350 fine is reasonable . any ideas

Comment

Reasonable is a very vague word. I'd wait and hope Amy picks up on this one - she's the expert!

Comment

ok thanks for trying for me

Comment

If this is all to do with your other thread, why don't you do as Wendy suggested and send the bank a Subject Access Request?

As for the fees so far, the £75 appears to be correct except I believe the fees are then 25% on the first £100.

As to your final question, the answer is yes, the life of a warrant is 180 days - when was this issued?

Comment

no idea, had a letter in august demanding payment but they couldnt tell me what it was for!!! told them to ascertain the facts and ger back to me. then on 21/1/11 bailiff at the door. is £200 for attendinf house not excessive

Comment

Originally posted by taffy65 View Post
                is £200 for attendinf house not excessive
                Yes, in particular if you have already paid the fine.

Comment

court says cheque never cashed. no longer have that bank account and bank says they have no record as account was closed. just spoke to the court warrant issued on 2nd Oct but also stated Marston had applied for an extention and they now have until the end of the year to collect on this warrant. Marston denies this is the case.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  also are Marston within their rights to charge for debit card payments.
                  Last edited by taffy65; 18th February 2011, 11:56:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

reference the above bailiff is saying my infor is flawed and it is a 'live' warrant and cos i have entered into an agreement to pay by 28 feb i cannot take 180 days to pay.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X