• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco/RBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco/RBS

Has anyone else got a card issued by Tesco Personal Finance Ltd but being threatened by a DCA for Royal Bank of Scotland? If so do you have an agreement with RBS?

Worth checking. The company Tesco Personal Finance Ltd was closed down on 14th may last year. it's an ex company

looks like a complete mess between Tesco and RBs.

QCK
    Tags: None

Re: Tesco/RBS

Tesco Group Limited were previously 50/50 ownership(if memory serves me right) of Tesco and RBS Group. Tesco bought out their half last year. I suspect if it is something from prior to that date, that RBS would chase up any amount that is allegedly owed.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by QCKate View Post
      Has anyone else got a card issued by Tesco Personal Finance Ltd but being threatened by a DCA for Royal Bank of Scotland? If so do you have an agreement with RBS?

Worth checking. The company Tesco Personal Finance Ltd was closed down on 14th may last year. it's an ex company

looks like a complete mess between Tesco and RBs.

QCK
      Yes I have a Tesco Card and was being chased by a DCA for RBS.

I did hear a rumour the Tesco and RBS had fallen out big time and were refusing to co-operate with one another. But suspect this was just wishful thinking.

I don't know about the legal position of RBS chasing a Tesco PF debt but the paperwork I have from inception does indicate that Tesco PF is a joint venture between Tesco and RBS.
      They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

yes Tesco Personal Finance Ltd (the name of the creditor is important) was a joint venture between Tesco and RBS. If you are being threatened by RBS or by a DCA on behalf of RBS surely you would want to request a copy of your agreement with RBS if you dont have one.

QCK

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
          Yes I have a Tesco Card and was being chased by a DCA for RBS.

I did hear a rumour the Tesco and RBS had fallen out big time and were refusing to co-operate with one another. But suspect this was just wishful thinking.

I don't know about the legal position of RBS chasing a Tesco PF debt but the paperwork I have from inception does indicate that Tesco PF is a joint venture between Tesco and RBS.
          If yoyur agreement is with Tesco Personal Finance ltd (don't think it matters who the shareholders are, it was legal company in its own right) and you do not have an agreement with or a notice of assignment from TPF to RBS I don't see how RBS can legally chase. If it came to it who would you sue? more to the point is who could sue you?

QCK

Comment

Originally posted by QCKate View Post
            yes Tesco Personal Finance Ltd (the name of the creditor is important) was a joint venture between Tesco and RBS. If you are being threatened by RBS or by a DCA on behalf of RBS surely you would want to request a copy of your agreement with RBS if you dont have one.

QCK
            i had a card with tesco personal finance, i paid them on a full and final settlement in full amount owing last year and yes rbs were the bank i was dealing with, it was rbs who dealt with tescos side of the banking services

Comment

who would you chase for PPI as I had a Tesco card which I paid off in full but now wish to get the PPI Back ?
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                who would you chase for PPI as I had a Tesco card which I paid off in full but now wish to get the PPI Back ?
                There have been many buy outs and take overs:
                Barclays bought the Morgan Stanley cards;
                CitiGroup bought Egg etc..

In answer to your question, PF:

Tesco Personal Finance PLC
                The Interpoint Building
                22 Haymarket Yards
                Edinburgh
                Midlothian
                EH12 5BH

Comment

Thanks AC saved for future ref
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    my cmc said the tesco clubcard i had and which is being processed now has just been put on hold by rbs p.f

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                      There have been many buy outs and take overs:
                      Barclays bought the Morgan Stanley cards;
                      CitiGroup bought Egg etc..

In answer to your question, PF:

Tesco Personal Finance PLC
                      The Interpoint Building
                      22 Haymarket Yards
                      Edinburgh
                      Midlothian
                      EH12 5BH
                      Sorry changed mind and deleted response
                      Last edited by QCKate; 13th February 2011, 12:10:PM. Reason: Wish to delete message

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X