• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Info for Virgin Media Customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for Virgin Media Customers

Hi

Just to let you all know, if you are getting your broadband and tv through a set top box, then you are likely to have problems with internet and tv dropping out. This is because the processor in the box cannot cope with both services, especially now that the BB is supposed to be faster.

We found this out on Saturday when we had an engineer come to try and get us working again.

He left me with a new box and the information that we need to contact Virgin Media for a modem.

So if this is the case for you, then phone 0800 0524000 and pick option 2, then ask for a modem.

They are easy to fit, so you can either have it sent to you (we ordered ours Saturday afternoon and it came today), or you can pay something like £25 to have an engineer fit it for you.

They come with all the cables, instructions and everything needed for you to be able to connect it up.

Anyway just thought I would pass this on incase it is of help to anyone else.

Re: Info for Virgin Media Customers

That sounds like their installation charge, mmmm should you really being paying them £25 more cos their equipment does not work?? I think they should refund that £25 IMHO

Comment

Well I haven't paid it, the engineer took me through what goes where, and so when it came we did it ourselves.

I guess they haven't told the customers enmass as that would just cause such a demand for these modems that I don't think they could cope with it, it seems they are just dealing with it as it comes up for each customer.

Fair play to the engineer though, he did say that he agreed they had gone downhill customer service wise since they moved the phones

Comment

Just shows how well BT are now doing:okay:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X