• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damage to Sofa and Chair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage to Sofa and Chair

I recently purchased (10 November 2010) a shop model sofa and chair, I went with two other people to inspect the item and agreed to purchase them. I was told that I would not be able to collect the items until after the 10th December 2010. I collected them on the 15th December 2010. At the time of collection the goods where wrapped. I drove the 150 miles and brought them home. Once we unpacked the items we noticed that all 5 castors on the furniture where excessively damaged.

I contacted the store on the 17th December to advise them of the damage and was told that I must have caused the damage after I collected them.

I have corresponded a couple of times with the store thus far and also with the finance and credit card company.

The situation currently is that the store is offering a 50/50 settlement on the castors. I am reluctant to accept this because clearly these god where not damaged at the time that I ordered them; they have also admitted this.

They are merely saying that I damaged them subsequently from collecting them.

The Finance company has sent a final letter this morning reiterating the shops line and that they are not liable under S.75 of SoGA. The credit card company has yet to respond.

All I want is five new castors to replace the damaged items, I am not rejecting the goods nor do I want to at this time. I am willing to accept the repair to them.

Any advice?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X