• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues with lastminute.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with lastminute.com

Hi

Last week I bought a deal on lastminute.com which was advertised as a 2 for 1 deal. I bought 3 of them as there were 6 of us wanting to go for the package. It is a spa break at a McDonalds hotel.
    The money was debited from my CC and emails received to confirm.
    I have since spoken with the hotel and booked all our spa treatments that were an inclusive part of the deal.
    I have just received a call from lastminute.com to say that they made a mistake with the 2 for 1 (down to human error apparently)
    They gave me 3 options:
    • Pay full cost (an additional £411)
    • Transfer to a different spa deal (that they said was the same deal but different spa) which would cost an additional £180
    • Have a refund and £50 compensation.
    I advised that none of these options were satisfactory and said I would be willing to transfer to the different spa quite happily if Lastminute.com would stand to the additional cost. They said they will call me back tomorrow.

However, I then looked up the deal they had mentioned and it is only available Mon-Fri and mine was booked for a Saturday.

Where do I stand with this? What are my rights? Surely the fact that they have taken my money, and the hotel have even taken our bookings should mean that this a legal contract?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Issues with lastminute.com

Not necessarily. Mistake is a vitiating factor in contract law.

Following are some links which lead to more details regarding this.

Shop took sale but the price is incorrect in my favour - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Sold at wrong price???? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Online Stock Trading - Wrong Price - My Rights? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X