• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citizens Advice staff facing redundancies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Citizens Advice staff facing redundancies

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    mmmmm, well we figured most of that out already, and I don't know why that letter had to be so secret.

Would like more info on the face to face delivery of the MAS (hehe sorry 'The Service').

Hi Amethyst

Maybe the future is not what it used to be or not quite anyway.

It all looks a bit 'basic pie in the sky stuff' to me really and perhaps a little naive.

Interesting times ahead thats for sure.

Comment

Citizens advice supercomplaint to the OFT | Which? Conversation

Article from which entitled "Is the CAB worth saving?"
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Citizens advice supercomplaint to the OFT | Which? Conversation

Article from which entitled "Is the CAB worth saving?"

Hi leclerc

I like this guy M. Saville, he is not afraid to tell it as it is.

In my opinion he often hits the mark.

The supercomplaint, well we shall have to wait and see.

I notice DMC's get mentioned again, what a surprise.

Comment

''Consumer Direct
          Contact volumes have recently been considerably below forecast, whereas forecasts have
          previously been accurate. Calls to Trading Standards have also recently reduced. There is no
          obvious reason for this, and these drops may be related to the state of the economy.
          ''

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/boa...nuary-2011.pdf

Comment

Nottingham will hear today where the 1/3 cuts to voluntary services will fall.

Do consumer direct mean people aren't buying things so there's nothing to complain about.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Which? has written to David Cameron about their concern that CAB and Trading Standards won't be able to handle the work of the OFT.

Shoppers will pay the price of scrapping the Office of Fair Trading | Mail Online

Comment

So basically big businesses can sell us more crap at inflated prices and there is very little or nothing we can do about it?

Comment

In a word, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    Which? has written to David Cameron about their concern that CAB and Trading Standards won't be able to handle the work of the OFT.

Shoppers will pay the price of scrapping the Office of Fair Trading | Mail Online
                    Nothing to do with Which?'s bid to take over CD then.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Speech by Ed Davey (BIS) to CAB.

Citizens Advice Consumer Empowerment Debate | News | BIS

Comment

Hi

I have put this up on another thread but thought it was also worth a mention here.

http://www.mya4e.com/partners/a4e-an...dvice-service/

Debt Advice ?

Comment

Hi LKK,

Thanks for the link to A4e - in these uncertain times, with 'me-ism' being predominant, & 'help' organisations (CAB,etc) being cut back, it's good to know that there are people out there who care & want to help.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            ''Consumer Direct
                            Contact volumes have recently been considerably below forecast, whereas forecasts have
                            previously been accurate. Calls to Trading Standards have also recently reduced. There is no
                            obvious reason for this, and these drops may be related to the state of the economy.
                            ''
                            There is another possible explanation which may be more likely:

After the OFT messed up so badly with the banks' penalty charges, people have rather lost faith in the Office of Faffing and Twaddling.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Hi LKK,

Thanks for the link to A4e - in these uncertain times, with 'me-ism' being predominant, & 'help' organisations (CAB,etc) being cut back, it's good to know that there are people out there who care & want to help.
                              Hi charity

You are welcome.

Another A4E link that might be of interest

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.com/

The article below may be worth a read as far as this thread is concerned

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.com/2011...and-money.html

A little bird tells me that 'talked about' debt advice in England & N Ireland via the Money Advice Service may just have reached a little bit of an 'impasse' so to speak.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X