• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unless order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless order

I have recieved a letter from Ashurst telling me that they have written to the court to request that it considers making an unless order in respect of my claim.It has sent me copies of the letter it has sent to the court 1.Letter dated the 17 th dec. 2 Copy of the Proposed Unless order. 3 Summary of the supreme Courts judgement test case between the OFT and the Banks. I havent a clue what its about could anyone help me please.
    Tags: None

Re: Unless order

Is this any help?

Term: unless order
    Unless Orders are court orders which specify that a party to the proceedings must do some act by a specified date. If that act is not done, some specified consequence follows. Issuing orders in this form provide the litigant one final opportunity to comply with the directions of the court. The order sets out the event that will take place in the event of a failure
    Supposing the defendant has failed to file an Allocation Questionnaire within the time specified by the Court. The court will probably order as follows:
    "IT IS ORDERED
    1. Unless the defendant files and serves an Allocation Questionnaire by 4.00 pm on [date], the defence and counterclaim shall be struck out.
    2. ..."
    In the case where the claimant has failed to serve a list of documents to give disclosure by the time the specified by the court:
    "IT IS ORDERED:
    1. Unless the claimant serves its list of documents by 4.00 pm on [date], the claim will be struck out and judgment entered for the claimant.
    2. ..."

Unless orders may be issued by the court when discharging its case management powers, which may be at any time; when they are made, such court orders the consequences are automatic without further order of the court. In the event that the allocation fee or listing fee has not been paid by the relevant party to the litigation and the litigant has been issued a notice to pay the relevant fee an fails to do so, (1) the claim will automatically be struck out without further order of the court; and (ii) the claimant will be liable for the costs which the defendant has incurred unless the court orders otherwise.

Comment

Re: Unless order

Best idea Franky, is to type up the Unless Order Ashurts are proposing xxx As Casp says it will probably be to strike out your claim unless you apply to amend to take the OFT v Banks judgment into account.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X