• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marbles Statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marbles Statements

I have been in touch with Marbles to try to get some information out of them about overlimit and late payment fees that I have been charged in the past - their online system is one of the worst around, and online statements only go back a few months.
    However, they have told me that if I want copies of previous statements, they will charge £5 for the first 5 statements requested, followed by £5 per statement up to a maximum of £100!!
    They've got to be kidding - I'm trying to get some money back off them!
    Is there anything in writing about companies charging for old statements?:2w32gd1::2w32gd1::2w32gd1:
    Tags: None

Re: Marbles Statements

Subject Access Request which costs £10 for all your data which will normally include statement information.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Subject Access Request Data Protection Act - How to get your information. - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

The above is the guide to doing so.
    Last edited by leclerc; 23rd December 2010, 14:50:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks for this - I get the impression that Marbles (or Halifax, who reply to my messages) don't really know what they are doing.
      I'll be following this up, so will post progress as it happens.

Comment

It's been a while since the last posting, but I have written the usual letter to Marbles asking for my fees back - I'll post updates as and when I can.

Comment

Out of curiosity, was it always a Marbles card or did they buy it from another company in the past? I had an HFC card that Marbles purchased in 2009 and they did get me copy statements going back to 2003 under a SAR. So I can see no justifiable reason why your data should be treated any differently.

Comment

If I remember rightly it was previously a Beneficial Card (which is HFC I think).

Comment

A quick update - received a refund of £48 + interest from Marbles a couple of days ago - no letter or any correspondence, just a credit on my account.
              Another result!:okay:

Comment

A couple of quick updates:
                1. Marbles have written to me saying they are going to jack my interest rate up to 35.9% - I wrote to them asking for a cut not an increase, but they rang to say cancelling the account was the only option. I have told them to cancel it, on the promise that someone else will contact me to see how they can help. I expect they will say they can't and it's tough.
                2. Beneficial - it has been a few years since Marbles took this account over from Beneficial, but I found an old card with my account number on so I've gone after HSBC/HFC for a refund of fees - I'll be honest in saying that I don't know how much might be involved, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Do you have an address for writing to theser as i am in the same boat as you. Thanks

Comment

If you mean Beneficial, I wrote to:
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']HFC Bank [/FONT]
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Camden House West
                    The Parade
                    Birmingham
                    B1 3PY
                    [/FONT]
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'].. quoting my original account number.[/FONT]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X