• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with a matress brought from Bensons Beds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a matress brought from Bensons Beds

In July I brought at Matress from Bensons Bed, it was delivered to my new address in August when I moved.
    After 8 weeks the matress started to sag and was giving us back ache, despite it being a orthapedic matress.
    I contacted the shop who passed us on to the Customer Service Department who sent us a camera and asked us to send photos which we did.
    After not hearing from Bensons, I contacted the Customer Service Department again who told us that they have rejected the photos saying that there was nothing wrong with the matress at all. We asked the Manager of the Store and the Sales Person who sold it to us, to visit our home to look at the matress which they did, also taking further photographs.
    The Manager rang us to say that the photos had been rejected yet again and that the Head Office would not replace the matress or refund our money.
    I contacted Consumer Direct who told me to send a letter to the branch (recorded delivery) quoting the Sales of Goods Act, telling them what was wrong with the matress and that I wanted a refund or replacement. I gave them two weeks to rectify the problem, this runs out on Tuesday 21st December and so far we have had no response at all. Please could you advise us of the next stage of what to do next. Me and my husband are pensioners and feels that the company is taking adavantage of this, and we cannot afford to lose the £600 that the matress cost us.
    Tags: None

Re: Problem with a matress brought from Bensons Beds

I have to say that we bought a bed from Bensons a Sealy orthapedic which lasted 13 years+.

Recently we purchased a replacement bed and did some research and found that Benson's bed had a very bad customer service so we stayed very clear although we had been happy with our last purchase some 13 years ago.

The next stage is if you do not hear from them on the 21st is to take a county court claim against them. Someone with more experience on these matters will pop in here to help you further. As it sounds like the bed is not fit for the purpose in which it was sold.

Originally posted by pam47 View Post
    In July I brought at Matress from Bensons Bed, it was delivered to my new address in August when I moved.
    After 8 weeks the matress started to sag and was giving us back ache, despite it being a orthapedic matress.
    I contacted the shop who passed us on to the Customer Service Department who sent us a camera and asked us to send photos which we did.
    After not hearing from Bensons, I contacted the Customer Service Department again who told us that they have rejected the photos saying that there was nothing wrong with the matress at all. We asked the Manager of the Store and the Sales Person who sold it to us, to visit our home to look at the matress which they did, also taking further photographs.
    The Manager rang us to say that the photos had been rejected yet again and that the Head Office would not replace the matress or refund our money.
    I contacted Consumer Direct who told me to send a letter to the branch (recorded delivery) quoting the Sales of Goods Act, telling them what was wrong with the matress and that I wanted a refund or replacement. I gave them two weeks to rectify the problem, this runs out on Tuesday 21st December and so far we have had no response at all. Please could you advise us of the next stage of what to do next. Me and my husband are pensioners and feels that the company is taking adavantage of this, and we cannot afford to lose the £600 that the matress cost us.

Comment

A £600 mattress should last a lot longer than 5/6 mths and in any case would still be covered under the manufacturers guarantee.

As you still have not heard from them under pre-litigation I would send them a final LBA (LETTER BEFORE ACTION) letter.

Give them no more than 7 days to reach an agreement if still no response file your claim in small claims court on the 8th day.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic...irly/sogahome/

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...page38311.html

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

Good Luck
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

7 days being over the xmas holiday period.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        A £600 mattress should last a lot longer than 5/6 mths and in any case would still be covered under the manufacturers guarantee.

As you still have not heard from them under pre-litigation I would send them a final LBA (LETTER BEFORE ACTION) letter.

Give them no more than 7 days to reach an agreement if still no response file your claim in small claims court on the 8th day.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic...irly/sogahome/

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...page38311.html

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

Good Luck

Comment

Tuttsi,

That is a good point not a lot can be done now I would get a first class recorded LBA sent off anyway and give them 7 days after the xmas holiday period to sort it.
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X