• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Hi All
    I have a few debts on me at the moment which are kinda hard to get sorted out ..struggling finacilally ,ive been isssued with a default notice from my cataloge company there giving me 2 weeks to clear the money owed and cant afford to clear all the monies .If i havent paid the money they will take me to court .
    And what do they mean by ....IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY IN PAYING ANY SUM OWING UNDER THE AREEMENT ,OR TAKING ANY OTHER ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE ,YOU CAN APPLY TO THE COURT WHICH MAY MAKE AN ORDER ALLOWING YOU OR ANY SURETY MORE TIME .

Im totally lost on what to do ,coz i made an arrange mwnt but still could not even meet it ...advise needed on waht to do
    thanks
    Tags: None

Re: help

Hello very and welcome,
    You say you were in a payment arrangement and you can't meet those payments, did you before hand work out what you could comfortably afford?
    Have your circumstances changed since you made that arrangement?

Comment

yes they have they have eve gone worse i owe alot ,i have about 7 debters that i owe ,roughly about 10.000 and they r all asking for the money at once.iwent to the cab and they helped me work out a plan

Comment

You will have to give some more information about your debts, who are they with, totals and are there any secured ones?

Comment

hello again

Comment

i have with vanquis bnk 597.04 Ck edrupt provident ..2,212 catalouges 2 of them 1093 overdraft 238 wth barclays barclay loan 1296 and finally 2555.32

i hve been paying sum money when i hve the funds ,but barclays ,vanquis and atalouges just keep adding charges and i find that all im paying is just charges and i would be already finshed by now and its been 6 years now
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            sorry no secured loans but i did get a overdraft payment plan with barclays and i think a ppi as well
            Last edited by very; 14th December 2010, 12:11:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi there

Have you tried seeking help and advice from the National Debtline at all as well?

This is a completely free organisation (not the one where they sell loan), but will help on your behalf, possibly contact/write to all of your creditors with an affordable payment arrangements to each one, this should also avoid the need for court as well.

As you are aware, you will also receive help and guidance from these lovely peeps on this site.

But more on the national debtline here too.
              http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

There are also other free organisations, for example:
              Payplan
              CCCS (Consumer credit Counselling Service)

If you google them in they will come up, but avoid using the ones who charge.
              Good luck.

Comment

Also to add, if your still paying for the PPI and as you cannot currently make the full payments, this may be worthless to you, it "may" be a good idea to cancel the ppi where they may possibly reduce the balance of the accounts where you have this product.

Have you ever tried making a claim for the ppi?
                For eg: unemployment/Sickness etc?

Comment

So after going to the CAB you worked out your affordable payments to each company and are paying those each month regardless of what letters they send you ? (if not do).

Do you own your own home? As that affects what options you may have as some rely on a release of equity from the home.

The letter you received appears to be talking about a Time Order (which you can apply for through the court to give you time to pay without the charges increasing the debt constantly) have a read about those Debt Factsheets - Time Orders

Or look at DRO's (if you dont own your own home) Alternatives to bankruptcy
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

out of curiosity what would happen if i were to go court ,i mean whts the worst

Comment

Do you own your own home?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi
                        I dont own my house its council property .im on income support right now with 5 kids and part time study in uni

Comment

Excellent In that case, worse case scenario - monthly installment order (of an affordable amount) or one of the companies could try making you bankrupt - not that they would get anything out of it as you have nothing, so unless you are thinking of purchasing a house or obtaining more credit (I hope not lol) in the next few years - I really wouldnt worry too much.

I'd go back to the CAB to get a new plan worked out or to look at the possibility of a DRO/Bankrputcy to get a line drawn under these debts and stop all the hassle and letters you will be getting at the moment.

I doubt CCCS/DMP providers would be of much use to you with such a low income as they like to offer a minimum of £5 a month to each, CAB is your best bet - ask them about Debt Releif Orders while your debt is still under £15k.

Hope that sets your mind at rest a bit more.

Ame
                          xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X