• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

F & F Settlement & CRAs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F & F Settlement & CRAs

You will see from the letter MBNA have accepted settlement offer.

At the moment the CRAs shows as AP (arrangment to Pay)

With the settlement..I am led to believe they will change that to default...also worried they may sell on...

What is the best course...to get this account closed if CRA shows default does this mean account still open any advice or template F & F would be helpful
    :beagle:My debt help and support thread
    Tags: None

Re: F & F Settlement & CRAs

28 viewings but no response......HELP please

Comment

lowry, Ive done a few full and finals and this one of yours from marbles has my alarm bells ringing a bit as it does not mention "full and final" anywhere in the document in any way shape or form

If you settle up with them AND they can get a mug to buy the debt (if they felt there was mileage in a sell off), I feel it would be almost fraudulent based on the evidence to hand, and the new "debt owner" would have a job on his hands based upon whats here... over to you on this.

Make sure (if you want to settle) that the letter with the cheque that goes off states that this is a F&F setllement cheque (another bullet in your gun if it comes down to it)

Bri
      Last edited by Brian; 8th December 2010, 22:13:PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, they will sell the remaining outstanding balance on...

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole; you will have to re-negotiate.

http://www.savcredit.co.uk/media-cen...s-releases/04/
        Last edited by Angry Cat; 8th December 2010, 22:20:PM.

Comment

Lowry123

Your details in the Marbles letter are partially visible through whatever you used to blank them out.

Rgds

Cadwallader

Comment

Thanks for your reply....I was not sure...so I will keep paying them the reduced payment....of £6.00 per month.

As the letter says we can....thank god for L B.....
            Ive tried using the F & F settlement letters...but the OC dont seem to respond to this..

Thanks for your support

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry123 View Post
              You will see from the letter MBNA have accepted settlement offer.

At the moment the CRAs shows as AP (arrangment to Pay)

With the settlement..I am led to believe they will change that to default...also worried they may sell on...

What is the best course...to get this account closed if CRA shows default does this mean account still open any advice or template F & F would be helpful
              Hello Lowry123

At the second to last para of that letter, the creditor is stating that the payment is the 'agreed' final payment.

The entry on your credit file(s) should be marked as 'partial settlement' and not 'defaulted'. A partial settlement marked on your credit file(s) informs other creditors that you did not honour the agreement/contract but that a compromise agreement was reached and concluded between you and the creditor.

It appears that the offer has now elapsed anyway, you could always write to them and ask if the offer still stands, perhaps state that you did not agree to them marking your credit file(s) as defaulted and wait to see what their response is (if any).

Is there a genuine dispute on the account?

Kind Regards

Godzilla

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X