• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Questions and hopfully answers :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Questions and hopfully answers :)

Hi Guys, probably after another uneventful year with the company. I am chasing up my PPI claim, I was wondering is it worth writing to them and asking them to make me an offer for
    A) My PPI back
    B) Interest (which if you could give me a figure would be great) and
    C) "distress" compensation

My latests letter is suggesting they make me an offer and we close the matter.

Saying that they chase me and stalk me on here (which should be illegal) so whatever you reply im sure they will eb expecting my letter now

Cheers guys.
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Questions and hopfully answers

Which bank was it?
    Why distress and how do you quantify distress?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hey Nattie, Just realised you've changed your name...how slow am I
      Its not a bank its a Car Loan Company, and distress I would say becuase they keep avoiding the situation, they are stalking me on here and since I canx my PPI somehow my payment amount have gone up a little, and they have never confirmed taking my insurances of the loan. So Distress for me is their total arrogance and lack of respect, failure to comply and the fact they wont give me a straight answer, sleepless nights etc not sure of any of that counts but im willing to put it down.

Comment

Did they not send you paperwork for the loans?
        What do you mean stalk you on here?(if you believe that then you should be reporting that to Admin if you haven't already).
        A company is not a human being so do not expect it to think like one. I don't think there is a basis for distress imho. The only way to get a straight answer with any company is to SAR them for factual information rather than talk to them where there is no paperwork.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

No that brill Lec, Appreciate your opinion i did think the distress call was a long shot tbh, but i could have tried anywat, Erm
          the stalking thing, is because last time i asked them about it they wrote back to me and pointed out they had spotted my posts on this website and even went as far as pin pointing my name and quoted some of mty posts so to me thats stalking!!

SO instead of writing to them asking them to offer a settlement you think I should simply SAR them.
          Thats cool.

thanks
          OPbC

Comment

Oh and what paperwork where we talking about i do recall getting a poor photocopy at the begining of the loan and thats it .
            Last edited by PocketTheDifference; 6th December 2010, 14:13:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onepisedbank_customer View Post
              No that brill Lec, Appreciate your opinion i did think the distress call was a long shot tbh, but i could have tried anywat, Erm
              the stalking thing, is because last time i asked them about it they wrote back to me and pointed out they had spotted my posts on this website and even went as far as pin pointing my name and quoted some of mty posts so to me thats stalking!!

SO instead of writing to them asking them to offer a settlement you think I should simply SAR them.
              Thats cool.

thanks
              OPbC
              I agree.

Umbelievable thing to do in that first para--but we do know that guests, members (& maybe the odd VIP ) on all these sites are possibly covert lemders staff, CMC's, & CMC stooges gleaning info to pass onto CMC's (MSE in particular)

Comment

Cheers Turbo,
                Nothing I can do I guess, I wasn't aware that i had given that much info away, so i was suprised to see it to say the least, as long as they get a good read though

due to phone them for a payment so I will send them an extra £10 and SAR them, see where we go from there.

cheers.

Comment

they chase me and stalk me on here (which should be illega .
                  Hi. What do you mean they stalk and chase you on here? On LB? How do you know its them and what do they say?

Comment

Well the last contact I had with them states that they have seen me posting on LB site and pulled of a few of my quotes, like "what advice i was given etc, I havn't got that letter to hand ATM but if it helps i can get it on, but examples of what they pulled off are here,
                    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=22273
                    Not to mention another thread i started I thought it to be borderline harrasment if they are looking me up to get the upper hand.

Thanks for looking TDS

OPbC

Comment

Well the last contact I had with them states that they have seen me posting on LB site and pulled of a few of my quotes, like "what advice i was given etc, I havn't got that letter to hand ATM but if it helps i can get it on, but examples of what they pulled off are here,
                      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=22273
                      Not to mention another thread i started I thought it to be borderline harrasment if they are looking me up to get the upper hand.

Thanks for looking TDS

OPbC
                      I see that contact was in writing from them. Yes, can you post it up? I think other posters - myself included - need to be wary that DCAs and creditors are stalking these pages. One thing I would like to know is whether anything that's posted on forums is admissible evidence in court? How could they prove it was a particular individual and not, say, someone in a similar position?
                      Last edited by The Debt Star; 7th December 2010, 15:53:PM.

Comment

it certainly was in writing yes, I will try and find the letter, I have just moved aswell so It will take some digging.

Should they be picked up on this? it was to do with a SAR if i recall correctly.

Thanks D Star

Comment

You know what, I bet there's nothing you can do about it because you / we / us are putting up our personal problems for open discussion. We do that of course not just to get help/advice ourselves but so that other people in a similar position can learn from it and be helped as well.

Truth be told, I post up stuff (copy docs etc) that the creditors must know relates to me. But the view I take is that I couldn't give a stuff, since a lot of the advice received (eg from Pinky, Angry Cat, Paul, and other posters who know their beans) is very good and lets the creditors know "that I know" they should be following the letter of the law In other words, it strengthens my hand and when the DCAs screw up I post it on here for everyone to see.

However, if i got into your position where the DCAs/creds are writing to me quoting my posts back to me, I might think twice about doing that, or perhaps you could register a second account (different name) to get the advice you need and which will also help others.

I should imagine that as long as the DCAs/creds aren't breaching your confidentiality (which they can't be simply by reading a public forum and refering to it in private correspondence), that there's diddly sqwat you can do to stop them?

Comment

Oh Just looked through seems like this letter i posted a while ago, I will still need to find the newest with " " on it but this one for now. (ITS shortened by myself to get to the point)

Dear OPB

We acknowladge reciept of your SAR your comments have been noted (HERES THE FUNNY PART) as have your comments on internet forum under user name 'One****edbank_customer'

I feel it would be appropriate to explain fundamental issue which appears to have been overlookeed, which is the facer the above agreement is in your fathers name (it is underlined)

as a responsable lender, pour firm does not pperate a policy which accepts guarentoors under any circumstances, and at the timne of application our firm was given the imprsion that the vehicle was in act for the use of your father. had we been made aware we would not have graned finance.

having check ouyr records, it appers tha thhe inteded userof the vehicle was deliberatley whitheld from out attention, and when discussed with your father the various protection options open to chose to purchase a ppi policy without mentioning he was taking loan out for sombody else.

the above means we are unable to reegard you as an eliglble complainant under the rules laid down by the regulator, becuse we do not hold and for of contractual relationshiop with you. if your father wishes to to raise any concerns then suggest he write to us directly with a clear indication as why he feels he was mis-sold under prevailing circumstances.

Director.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Oh aye I do agree with you aswell, I think your 100% I am posting up here freely and everybody else in the world can see what i write, so why not them.

and again agree with you Dont give a...monkeys either.

I just didnt quite get it when I don't think I have any personal info on here and still they identified me....how??? they must have narrowed me down. I've never used my name, pretty sure never location definatley not before this letter came out, I would just like to know that much, im an I.T boffin so am just contimplating of how exactly they knew it was me...hmmmm the possibilities.

Anyhow, my only issue with them is putting off the PPI claim they owe me!

I shall take up your advice, ill become a VIP, and get a new name and let you know.

appreciate you looking over it all though dude.

OPbC
                            Last edited by PocketTheDifference; 7th December 2010, 16:16:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

They sound like a VERY unprofessional bunch to me.

From the perspective of a complaint to the FOS, distress & inconvenience is taken into account when assessing any fine should they adjudicate in yuor favour.

Clearly, woeful letters like the one you have just posted up are a form of intimidation "between the lines" and if you do / have complained to the FOS about this company then I, for one, would send them a copy of it as an example of their antics. For starters, is it appropriate for them to refer to this stuff in a letter sending you SAR data? Probably not.

Yes, change your user name if you feel they have some leverage over following your posts. I can't see what leverage they have.

Going back to yuor point about "how" they could have identified you, what ideas do you have? They won't have your ip address or anything like that from posts here so it HAS to be something you have said or posted up that they have latched onto. Curious....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X