• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

false advertising??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false advertising??

I didnt know which forum to put this in so if its in the wrong section please move accordingly.

I have just had a central heating system fitted to my house by a local company who advertised as being part of the "Guild of Master Craftsmen", He wasnt the cheapest and he got the job because of the membership and the warentees that comes with it. the thing is he isnt a member he didnt rejoin at the beginning of the year and according to him "hasnt had time to change his letters". I have reported him to the Guild but am just wondering is there any way that I would be able to get some compensation back as I am not receiving the warentee that I was expecting.

John
    Tags: None

Re: false advertising??

A warranty has no intrinsic value, so how much compensation do you want and why, since you will only need a warranty if something goes wrong?

Comment

Re: false advertising??

Could this be classed as misrepresentation? 11 mths is quite a longtime to be trading with that letterhead.

How many more customers has he had in this time that were also duped into believing this, how long does it take to update the letterhead.

What does the Companies Act say about letterheads?

Much research to be done
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X